Keeping Bluetooth/Audio on when turning the car off

:
CX-5
I drive a fair bit for work and often get to my location, park, but still need to finish my phone call while in the parking lot. Right now when I turn the car off with the push button, it turns completely off and I have to push the button 2 more times to get it back to electric-only mode and reconnect my phone.

Does anyone know how to turn off the engine without disconnecting the phone?

I drive a fair bit for work and often get to my location, park, but still need to finish my phone call while in the parking lot. Right now when I turn the car off with the push button, it turns completely off and I have to push the button 2 more times to get it back to electric-only mode and reconnect my phone.

Does anyone know how to turn off the engine without disconnecting the phone?

Unfortunately I dont think theres anyway to keep the ignition on when you cut the engine, other then pressing the button again and reconnecting.

Place the car in neutral when you push the button. This should kill the engine and leave the accessories on. After the engine shuts off you can then put the car in park.

You can also shut off the engine with the trans in Drive. Once off, put the trans in Park. Infotainment will remain on.

To turn off later(after phone call), push the power button twice w/o foot on the pedal.

What I do is: place in neutral set parking brake, Place car in park, press and hold the gear select/release ( the button you press to get out of park). While holding that reach up with the other hand and press the stat/stop button.

What I do is: place in neutral set parking brake, Place car in park, press and hold the gear select/release ( the button you press to get out of park). While holding that reach up with the other hand and press the stat/stop button.

Yep thats the way - hold the detent button on the gear stick and hit the start-stop button at same time, engine turns off but infotainment system stays on, uninterrupted. Phone calls etc continue.

This!

You dont need to put the car into neutral to do this. Just hold the button on the gear shifter after placing into park and press the ignition.

Yep thats the way - hold the detent button on the gear stick and hit the start-stop button at same time, engine turns off but infotainment system stays on, uninterrupted. Phone calls etc continue.

This is the correct way to do it
Here's my simple method. I shut off the engine. Then press start again without stepping on the brake. PRESTO! Acc mode.

No need. Read above

Back