ms3 wont free rev past 3k and it wont build more than 5psi

joeyfc3s

:
2003 mazdaspeed protege
Hello guys.A week ago i purchased a 2008.5 speed 3 with some mods.Before buying it i went for a test drive and it held 18 psi without any issues,did some more driving all went fine so i took her home.It sat on my garage for a few days and i did fixed the one exhaust leak it had.Today i go 2 drive it and it did fine for a minute,it did boosted fine but then when i got 2 the one intersection it did sputter on me a little,like a missfire and it lost power.I did give her some more gas but she wouldnt go at all it feels like i am hitting a wall.The second that it sees any load at around 3500rpms it will act like is hitting a rev limiter and it builds maybe 5 psi of boost.Another issue is that if i rev the motor in neutral it wont go past 3000rpms.The car has a full 3 inch exhaust/new oem turbo/coob boost selenoid/intake/front mount intercooler/fuel pump internals and egr valve egr kit and i do have a CEL for that.Person i bought it off have no history on it cause it came from a auction.Can you guys point me on the right direction please?Thanks.

Hello guys.A week ago i purchased a 2008.5 speed 3 with some mods.Before buying it i went for a test drive and it held 18 psi without any issues,did some more driving all went fine so i took her home.It sat on my garage for a few days and i did fixed the one exhaust leak it had.Today i go 2 drive it and it did fine for a minute,it did boosted fine but then when i got 2 the one intersection it did sputter on me a little,like a missfire and it lost power.I did give her some more gas but she wouldnt go at all it feels like i am hitting a wall.The second that it sees any load at around 3500rpms it will act like is hitting a rev limiter and it builds maybe 5 psi of boost.Another issue is that if i rev the motor in neutral it wont go past 3000rpms.The car has a full 3 inch exhaust/new oem turbo/coob boost selenoid/intake/front mount intercooler/fuel pump internals and egr valve egr kit and i do have a CEL for that.Person i bought it off have no history on it cause it came from a auction.Can you guys point me on the right direction please?Thanks.

It started sputtering after fixing the exhaust leak? I suspect a clogged cat converter. Take it out and look at it. You can either replace the cat or cut it out and get an ECU tune.

I would use some Lucas stop-oil leak to stop oil consumption and a thicker better quality oil like shell ROTELLA t6 or motul 5w40. Be sure to also replace your o2 sensors if your cat is in fact clogged from oil consumption.

Also, have you scanned your car for any codes?

It has a egr code.It has a CP-E DP & Long DP with high flow cat kit,cat is fine and no o2 codes.I have check fuel pressure and is fine at idle and it goes up to around 1800 psi when revving.Have frame freeze/datalog and compare data from most sensors and they all check out good.

It has a egr code.It has a CP-E DP & Long DP with high flow cat kit,cat is fine and no o2 codes.I have check fuel pressure and is fine at idle and it goes up to around 1800 psi when revving.Have frame freeze/datalog and compare data from most sensors and they all check out good.

You checked the high flow cat and its clean?

Im suspecting clogged EGR and most likely a fuel pump/injector problem.

it has a corksport cold air intake and for some reason they left open the recirculation port for the blow off valve.Just a open hole on the intake track so i ordered a plug and block it off and that was the issue,took the plug out left it open and the car runs great.Guess i need a tune for VTA blow off before plugging that hole.Thanks.

Runs fine with the hole unplugged,runs like s*** with the whole plugged.Still wont free rev past 3k

Back