2016 CX-5 Bose Amplifier Replacement help?

Munky.

:
2016 CX-5 GT
Hi all,

My 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT recently took a small dip in flood waters from Hurricane Harvey. I managed to save everything in the car but the Bose amplifier as it's bolted to the floor of the car. I tried buying a replacement online but I think I may have bought the wrong one. The model number on the one that came with the car is KA0H-66-A20. I purchased model number BHP5-66-A20 off of eBay, it looks the same and appears to have the same connections (haven't made it home yet to test it, not sure I want to incase the power is grossly incorrect).

Can anyone help me with ANY information on either of these amps? I can't seem to find anything online, and I definitely can't find a replacement for the original amp that came with the car. I'd like to do it myself and avoid paying a dealership for the replacement part as it'll be so expensive. (sad1)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your loss caused by Hurricane Harvey! Can you the get damage covered by your insurance?

If you see your Bose amp labeled KA0H-66-A20 as the part number, why would you waste your money buying a BHP5-66-A20 amp which definitely is different from yours?

Bose on CX-5 is a very proprietary system. Not much you can do to modify it with aftermarket components. You have to get OEM components and pay higher prices, and hopefully by your insurance this time.

Yeah I hate those ideas bolting the electronic components directly on the floor pan which invites disaster to happen. My VW Passat has the same issue and Comfort Control Module (CCM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM) bolted on the floor under the front seats from many owners got damaged by water leaking into the cabin via dislodged moonroof drain hoses! (notcool)

Back