how long does water pump, belts, radiator hoses, fuel pump lasts?

:
CX-5, fwd auto
Hi,
I am wondering how long does these parts lasts typically on Cx-5? I never had to worry on Honda or Toyotas I had, but if anyone have replaced or have insights, please share.

Also, once first 10 years of coolant is changed, do you need to change coolant every 2 years.
Thanks.

Hi,
I am wondering how long does these parts lasts typically on Cx-5? I never had to worry on Honda or Toyotas I had, but if anyone have replaced or have insights, please share.

Also, once first 10 years of coolant is changed, do you need to change coolant every 2 years.
Thanks.

I don't think these parts age differently on the CX-5 in comparison to any other vehicles. You can expect all of those items to last you 10 years/100,000 miles with proper maintenance. Rubber items used to age out faster in the past, but not so much anymore.

The only item your behavior can influence is the fuel pump. You can kill a fuel pump early by running your tank close to empty and letting it overheat.

The only item your behavior can influence is the fuel pump. You can kill a fuel pump early by running your tank close to empty and letting it overheat.

agreed, which is why most manufacturers (including ours) have a 5L of reserve fuel when your cluster reads completely empty, including the Mazdas. just fill up when it reads "empty" and you're fine.

I took my Mazda 626 to almost 400,000. The original fuel pump was good. I never even had to touch the fuel system. So I would not worry about a fuel pump. I only replaced the fuel filter once. The water pump developed a small leak at about 180,000. Since the water pump is not run off the timing belt, it looks even easier to replace on this vehicle. I only replaced that once. Hoses and belts I replaced as needed.

Back