SkyActiv-X Review, glimpse of possibly what to expect in future CX-5s

For some reason people equate 'tax credit' with a state giving a company money. The money doesn't belong to the state. If a company doesn't set up shop in a state, there are zero taxes going to the state to begin with. A tax credit on future earning is merely letting those who earn the money, keep more of it. The employees of the new plant will have their taxes go into the community as well as the money they will will spend there

Yes, but the state spent money to pave new roads, build a new airport, build new schools, etc, to entice said company to come. So that money was spent. And the problem is the vast majority of people hired are still doing lower wage work (which is why they came to SC) and may have had other jobs paying similar or slightly lower wages. Thus, their tax contribution is not drastically impacting the area. There are people that move in with higher paying jobs but in the sum of things, those numbers are smaller.

Good point. We still don’t know what kind of reception a diesel CX5 would get in the Fickle USA market. I know there are some diehard diesel fans here but does anyone think the demand is more than 5%? Europe is a matured market on the diesel front. The US, I am not so sure. A 5% share would not seem to be worth the effort.

IIRC, Mazda had it pegged at ~10% of CX5 sales. Seems they feel that's worth it.

I think what he meant was the demand for the 2nd gen killed the demand for used gen 1s.
No doubt it did, but now the market for them has stabilized a bit.

tumblr_obhq7ekaOa1uq3ahvo1_500.png

I think the looks of the first gen are great as are 2nd. Where 2nd is really better is in the interior refinement. Very quiet and a good balance between handling and ride quality.

Back