MAFS: OEM vs. aftermarket

Duralast one at AutoZone worked perfectly for me.

Did your CEL turn on? How many miles did you have on the 5 when you replaced MAFS? What code and were there other symptoms?

I have 2009 with 92k miles and the code is P0101. The only other symptom I am getting is an increase in fuel consumption. I just put in the new Denso MAFS. Hopeful it will the CEL

Did your CEL turn on? How many miles did you have on the 5 when you replaced MAFS? What code and were there other symptoms?

I have 2009 with 92k miles and the code is P0101. The only other symptom I am getting is an increase in fuel consumption. I just put in the new Denso MAFS. Hopeful it will the CEL

Yup, I got a P0101 MAF code. Make sure you know all codes you're throwing before spending (wasting) money on parts to just throw at the problem- but it sounds like you have the right one. Clear the ECU after. Other symptoms were misfire and O2 sensor codes. The O2 sensor came unplugged, and one coil pack was dead causing the cylinder 1 misfire. I replaced the MAF at about 143k miles.

CEL came on again and local shop diagnosed with a bad throttle body and says it needs to be replaced. Anybody experienced this before?

Back