Replacing BCM

kashun842

:
2014 Mazda5 Sport 6MT, 1997 Miata
I have installed some LED sill plates in the pasted Sat. I tapped them to the wires on the map light as I want them to go on and off with the other interior lights. It works fine for couple days until last night. All the interior lights wont go off as long as the switches are on "Door" even all doors are closed and locked. I blame myself for not taking enough caution on electrical related stuff like that and I might shorted the brown and white wire off that connector. I think I fried the BCM and planning to get a replacement. I read some other ppl replaced the BCM on a Mazda3 said it's plug and play but from the Service manual it said the BCM has to be reprogrammed with the M-MDS which means a trip to the dealer can't be avoided. To my understand, the BCM has nth to do with the immobilizer or other engine related stuff. And the configuration procedure is just sounds like getting some personal setting on the interior lights and some other controls. Does anyone have a similar experience? Is there any better (cheaper) way to reprogram the BCM? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back