Ticking sound from drivers side wheel well

Thanks thaxman. I have a day off coming up in 3 days. I will take a look at that. If the weights are hitting the abs sensor, I am asumeing that I should see some damage on the weights or sensor. Ill report back next week.

Thanks thaxman. I have a day off coming up in 3 days. I will take a look at that. If the weights are hitting the abs sensor, I am asumeing that I should see some damage on the weights or sensor. I’ll report back next week.

Nah, probably not. just feel around with weight on the suspension (so use ramps) searching for very low clearance spots by the inside wheel rim.

I thought the noise began after running something over and persisted even after getting new tires. Not sure why you guys are talking about the new tires being the cause.

I dont own a set of ramps, but I was able to take a close look for any clearance issues. Every thing looks ok. I might want to add, that I dont hear the noise when I first start driving. It usually take about 10 to 15 minutes of driving before the sound appears. As if something needs to warm up before it starts to tick. Its the same weather I warm up the engine or hop in the car and drive without warming up the engine. Dont know if that helps. Also, the ticking is definitely coming from the rear of the vehicle. When I drive pass a concrete barrier, I can hear the tick even after my front tires pass the barrier and I hear it until my rear tires pass. I mean to say that I hear it all the time, it is just louder when I pass by something that the noise can reflect off of and it is louder to me then. I have not been able to change the rear wheel hub assemblys yet. Still shopping around. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good hub assembly. Im leaning toward Moog because of the cost. Are they any good? Thanks for all your feedback.

I thought the noise began after running something over and persisted even after getting new tires. Not sure why you guys are talking about the new tires being the cause.
I hit something when it was cold outside and replaced all the rims and tires not long after that. I mentioned me hitting something because I thought it might be relavent. I didnt hear the noise until about 3 months later, when it warmed up and I could roll down my windows. The ticking could have been there before my accident, I just wasnt able to hear it because my windows were up. The sound could have started when I hit something on the freeway, Im just not positive when the sound started.

If you guys are interested, I posted a couple of videos on my YouTube channel. I put a link to my channel as my home page, which you can view in the full mazdas247 view. One is of the ticking noise while I’m driving and the other is a sound I could hear in my transmission. The second video is before I changed my cv joint, but after I replaced it I could still hear that sound. I was wondering if that sound is normal. Thanks.

Know anyone who might give away some time on a dyno? Tie it down, put it in gear, and get to listening. Maybe since you wouldn't be connecting to software and doing pulls, a shop may rent you the dyno for 1/2 hour at a discount if you can convince the boss.

Had to look up what a dyno is. I might know someone who might know someone that has one. Ill have to get back to you on that one. And yea probably the tranny. Im kinda getting fond of the ticking. Reminds me of putting cards in the spokes of my bicycle when I was young and pretending that I was riding a Harley. Id probably miss the noise if it was gone. Think Im gunna just enjoy the ride. At least until I can afford to buy my wheel bearing hub assemblies. 👍

Plus it is starting to get cooler here. I cant hear it when I roll up the windows. Problem solved. Hahahahahaha.

Hey guys. Its a sunny day here in Salt Lake City. So I decided to attach my phone to me rear shock absorber to get a better recording of the ticking noise. I just uploaded it to my YouTube channel. Check it out when you have 3 minutes to spare and let me know what you think. Thanks

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 that started making the ticking sound a couple weeks ago and had gotten louder.. It sounds just like what happened to yours. Just wondering what the
noise was?? it would help me out a lot! Thanks!

Hey guys. Its a sunny day here in Salt Lake City. So I decided to attach my phone to me rear shock absorber to get a better recording of the ticking noise. I just uploaded it to my YouTube channel. Check it out when you have 3 minutes to spare and let me know what you think. Thanks

In an earlier post he said it was likely a bad rear wheel bearing. Heard a grinding noise when they turned the back wheel. There was no confirmation though.

Back