2017 CX-5 Parking Sensors

My unit comes with front and parking sensors but it doesn't "beep" whenever I'm backing or parking. I've reached through the web and there seems to be no topic about that.

KF 2017 Parking Sensors

There is a P switch in the European models.
Left of the steering wheel, see picture.

Excuse me picture is tilted

Gr. Karl

My unit comes with front and parking sensors but it doesn't "beep" whenever I'm backing or parking. I've reached through the web and there seems to be no topic about that.
Here:

More on the front and rear parking sensors. They are activated with a button on the switch panel. This is different from the 2016.5 which had a switch to kill the sensors. They always defaulted to on and had to be switched off.

IMG_3474.jpg

So, with the switch on, the sensors give off the bleep with increasing intensity as you get nearer an object. An image of the car is super imposed onto the back up screen or any other selected screen when the vehicle moves forward up to about 10mph. In the next photo Im parallel parking back up to another car. You can see the lock in the lines and you can see that the image is showing close proximity at the rear bumper.

IMG_3472.jpg

As I get closer, the whole thing starts to light up and the front and rear bleepers have distinctly different tones.

IMG_3473.jpg

These photos show the position of the body coloured sensors.....

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

A couple of other things. The reversing lights are leds on mine Im please to report. You can see the light from them in the back up camera images above. This shows one of the small clusters.

IMG_3478.jpg

They are surprisingly bright.....

IMG_3479.jpg

My SD card for the satnav didnt arrive with the car so Im running without it. In its absence, the nav screen shows quite a nice ships compass. The upper screen is also devoid of those confounded street names that seem to overwrite everything else.

IMG_3480.jpg

And finally, something a bit different for you US guys and that is this European obligatory rear fog light.

IMG_3482.jpg

It should be noted that it's only since this model that the front sensors are default on all the time.

My 6's front sensors are not on from the get go unless I'm in reverse first then shift to drive or if I press the button after I start the car.

It maybe Nelson's for what ever reason is set up like mine instead of how it should be.

Lucky you, parking sensors are not available in Canada and I missed them !
Not even as a dealer fitted accessory (scratch)
In US or NA market Mazda does offer a Rear Parking Sensor as a genuine Mazda accessary. But that's a totally different system and not integrated with factory infotainment system and backup camera. It only beeps and has no visual like Anchorman's factory system. There's even an odd and useless on/off switch installed in the trunk!

Yeah. That system retails for >$400.
I could buy a similar one for $50 on eBay and DIY.
Did that to two of my prior vehicles.

If it is fully integrated to the info system, I would be interested.
If not, backup camera works well enough.
My wife can use some help at the front end. It is hard to judge distance within a foot.

In US or NA market Mazda does offer a Rear Parking Sensor as a genuine Mazda accessary. But that's a totally different system and not integrated with factory infotainment system and backup camera. It only beeps and has no visual like Anchorman's factory system. There's even an odd and useless on/off switch installed in the trunk!

In the past here, you could option for a visual system to go with the sensors

Back