2017~2024 Do 2017 GT headlights have HID lights?

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
It's not clear that they are.

I've watched a Mazda car reviewer, review one at night in front of a Mazda dealership, say they were HID.

However, I couldn't find it in the BOM or anywhere else. They look like HID and from inside the car, they seem like HID, but I don't see it in official print that they are.

Thank you!

I still don't think that has anything to do with it. As I've said before, Volvo has something similar available in the US. I think Mazda chooses not to bring it...like auto folding mirrors.

HID is a thing of past for headlight technology from car manufactures. All 2017 CX-5's come with LED headlights as mentioned above and the GT has additional Adaptive Front-lighting Systsm (AFS).

With LED headlights the fancy light show such as Mazda's i-ActivSense Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) can be done with ease to improve the safety for night time driving. Unfortunately due to US government's out-of-date regulations and DOT's stubborn resistance of new technology, we can't have such LED array headlights available here in the US!

It's not clear that they are.

I've watched a Mazda car reviewer, review one at night in front of a Mazda dealership, say they were HID.

However, I couldn't find it in the BOM or anywhere else. They look like HID and from inside the car, they seem like HID, but I don't see it in official print that they are.

Thank you!

The headlights are LED along with fog lights.

DRL's on lower grade models (for the countries that have these) are not LED.

Strange. I posted a reply to Yrwie 4 minutes after his post and it's showing above his?!? There's a glitch in the matrix.

I could accept that if it was at all possible to user error that.
Actually, I can see 4 minutes into the future.

I could accept that if it was at all possible to user error that.
Actually, I can see 4 minutes into the future.

Only 4 minutes (scratch)

I can see 14 hours ahead - difference between you and me :D

So... you're on Monday?

84431a2e83e2686512bcdd2f007f7ccb.gif

So... you're on Monday?

84431a2e83e2686512bcdd2f007f7ccb.gif

Yep, 11:40am here.

As to your previous comment, we get folding mirrors here (as you know). Should be available for all countries.

New CX-9 here has just added folding mirrors.

Yep, 11:40am here.

As to your previous comment, we get folding mirrors here (as you know). Should be available for all countries.

New CX-9 here has just added folding mirrors.
I also got folding mirrors but it's not automatic. You have to manually switch it to fold.

Lower spec models have a switch to fold. Higher models have auto fold and switch as well
Yeah. It's kinda lame here in this side of the earth where the SRP of my diesel is $43k and call it the top of the line without those amenities.
Yeah we have to go outside "manually" push the outside mirror housing to fold one by one, no switch, no auto folding; and that's the highest trim CX-5!

Well to be fair I can pull both mirrors toward me without exiting the vehicle.

DRL's on lower grade models (for the countries that have these) are not LED.

Really? BTW I've seen a few AUS CX-5 DRLs now, the inner parkers are brighter than the halos. Not even sure if the halos are actually on because if you look and compare with the CX-9 halos, the CX-9 halos are clearly fully illuminated.

It's like they have reverted to when the CX-5 was first released where the DRLs were substitute of the inner high beam lamps and then the mid-life update changed to signature halos. Hopefully in their mid-life update of the current model, they will change the DRLs to how the CX-9 ones are. ie. fully lit halos only.

Back