2017 CX-5 GT BOSE Audio Annoying Noise

CX5Black

:
2017 CX5 GT Premium
Hi all,

I bought a CX-5 this week and like it a lot apart from the rattling on the driver door and the audio issue I've been having with the BOSE system. It makes these weird frequency sounds when I first start up the car for the day and is persistent for about 15 minutes until it goes away. It also makes a constant static/chattering sound that diminishes after the 15 minute mark. I asked one of the sales guys if I could check out another CX-5 BOSE and it didn't make the same sounds as my car. I also test drove the CX-5 Sport and it was dead silent. Service wasn't helpful at all theres nothing they can do about it and that it's normal for "premium" audio. I read online that the amp may cause audio issues and that unplugging the amplifier might help with the sound issue does anyone know where the BOSE amp would be on a 2017 CX-5 GT? Also is there a compatible amp I can replace it with? What should I do?

I found the Bose amplifier under the passenger seat when I remove the center cable or the cable closest to the front the chattering noise stops, but sound also stops working is there some sort of third party solution I can use to get rid of the noise?

Hi all,

I bought a CX-5 this week and like it a lot apart from the rattling on the driver door and the audio issue I've been having with the BOSE system. It makes these weird frequency sounds when I first start up the car for the day and is persistent for about 15 minutes until it goes away. It also makes a constant static/chattering sound that diminishes after the 15 minute mark. I asked one of the sales guys if I could check out another CX-5 BOSE and it didn't make the same sounds as my car. I also test drove the CX-5 Sport and it was dead silent. Service wasn't helpful at all theres nothing they can do about it and that it's normal for "premium" audio. I read online that the amp may cause audio issues and that unplugging the amplifier might help with the sound issue does anyone know where the BOSE amp would be on a 2017 CX-5 GT? Also is there a compatible amp I can replace it with? What should I do?

On a new car if the dealer is unwilling to help, you need to find a new dealer. They should take the door panel off and locate the banging wires or replace pop clips to get it to attach better so it stops rattling. Best of luck to you.

⋯ What should I do?
One thing you shouldn't do is trying to fix something by yourself on a brand new vehicle where the car dealer is supposed to take care of your problem. If I were you I'd skip Mazda dealer and call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations directly. Ask the rep to create a case and tell him/her you have tried other brand-new 2017 CX-5's and they don't have the same problems on Bose system and rattling driver door like yours. Emphasize that these issues from a "Premium" sound system and rattling driver door in addition to dealer's attitude of doing nothing are unacceptable for a brand new vehicle! MNAO should do something helping you to resolve these issues.

One thing you shouldn't do is trying to fix something by yourself on a brand new vehicle where the car dealer is supposed to take care of your problem. If I were you I'd skip Mazda dealer and call Customer Experience Center, Mazda North American Operations directly. Ask the rep to create a case and tell him/her you have tried other brand-new 2017 CX-5's and they don't have the same problems on Bose system and rattling driver door like yours. Emphasize that these issues from a "Premium" sound system and rattling driver door in addition to dealer's attitude of doing nothing are unacceptable for a brand new vehicle! MNAO should do something helping you to resolve these issues.

Agree 100%. I'd also skip that dealer for any future service.

I have a whining noise when I'm listening to pod cast (spoken words) and it's linear with my accelerator pedal. I can't seem to replicate it.

Hi all,

Try a different dealer. Take a service person out to your car and then one they have on the lot to compare. You paid good money for your CX-5 don't let a lazy service ruin the experience.

Hi all,

does it sound like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1efUaQ-Ak
My 2018 CX5 has this weird noise...only happens when the engine is running...

Back