how much is skyactiv detuned from factory

PALM3R

:
Mazda 3
hi I have a maz3 2.5 GT sp25 2016 just wondering if anyone knows around how much the engine is detuned when it comes out of the factory, also I'm looking to get engine back exhaust and a tune does anyone have personal experience if it is worth it?
thanks

hi I have a maz3 2.5 GT sp25 2016 just wondering if anyone knows around how much the engine is detuned when it comes out of the factory, also I'm looking to get engine back exhaust and a tune does anyone have personal experience if it is worth it?
thanks

don't bothering changing out the whole cat-back, just delete your primary cat instead and then get the tune. that should yield you a good amount of power on top of the fact that the tune will allow you to use 91 octane which will also make your car quicker. expect to hit 200HP and 200+ft/lb of torque.

thanks

Aside from running on 87, it's not detuned. It's one of the rarest engines because it runs on sensors (not a table) at WOT. So it is always fine tuning itself on any tank of gas you may run. You will not get much more out of it with a tune unless you are pushing timing with 93 octane fuel.

Aside from running on 87, it's not detuned. It's one of the rarest engines because it runs on sensors (not a table) at WOT. So it is always fine tuning itself on any tank of gas you may run. You will not get much more out of it with a tune unless you are pushing timing with 93 octane fuel.

Dont most modern vehicles run with sensors these days?

Back