Parking sensor screen in info screen takes too long to switch to Home screen

boybi

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Is there a way to adjust the time for the parking screen to be shown on the info screen? It takes at least 30sec for the display to switch to my default screen.

Is there a way to adjust the time for the parking screen to be shown on the info screen? It takes at least 30sec for the display to switch to my default screen.

So when you select reverse, it takes MZD connect screen 30 seconds to show the reversing camera image. Correct (scratch)

Does this occur when you first start your CX-9 (uhm)

Sorry, except when reversing, the screen will give priority to the reverse camera, then after putting the shifter to Drive, it will show the parking sensor screen (the one with the top view of the car which shows which corner of the car is near an object) for more than 30sec before switching to whatever screen I was on before that.

Sorry, except when reversing, the screen will give priority to the reverse camera, then after putting the shifter to Drive, it will show the parking sensor screen (the one with the top view of the car which shows which corner of the car is near an object) for more than 30sec before switching to whatever screen I was on before that.

That sounds unusual...mine doesn't do that. Sure it takes 30secs for infotainment to load up but once it's booted up it's good to go and when you reverse the camera takes over with the rear sensor appearing within the camera view but shift it to drive and goes back to main screen. I suggest you try a hard reboot of the infotainment if still doesn't work then I suggest to get the firmware updated by the dealer.

I assume you have front parking sensors. If so, just press the button to turn the sensors off. The screen will return to normal. No need to wait 30 seconds.

Is this a factory feature or an add on? We do not get the 360 degree camera here in USA

M
I assume you have front parking sensors. If so, just press the button to turn the sensors off. The screen will return to normal. No need to wait 30 seconds.

Yes that's what I do, and I will forget to turn it back on if I'll need it.

I doesn't. When I'm in drive and turn it on, it will stay on that screen for more than 30sec
Then press the button to turn it off. Just remember to press it again to turn it on just before you park

So there's no way to shorten the time for it to show on the infotainment screen? I am hoping there's a setting somewhere to switch it out when I engage drive.

So there's no way to shorten the time for it to show on the infotainment screen? I am hoping there's a setting somewhere to switch it out when I engage drive.

Other than actually pressing the off button for the front sensors (after you have engaged drive following reverse) then no.

This is correct function...
From reverse to park the car will stay in reverse sensor screen

It will go away if you press the Parking sensor button on the switch assembly above your knee.

It will go away if you press the Parking sensor button on the switch assembly above your knee.

This indeed :)

That's quite bothersome. I hope there's going to be a software upgrade that will make the reverse screen stay for only around 5 sec after engaging drive from reverse.

That's quite bothersome. I hope there's going to be a software upgrade that will make the reverse screen stay for only around 5 sec after engaging drive from reverse.

More than likely won't happen

Just found out that the parking sensor screen will go away when the car is driven above 10km/hr. I have to read the manual to notice this.

Back