2017~2024 CX-5 Malfunction Warnings

I think so too. There is an airgap between the windshield and the camera lens that will allow condensation to form on the lens even if the windshield appears clear. It will not work or at least it will advise you that it may not work until it clears. Mine does it but it clears after a while and all settles down.

Does the owners manual mention anything about operating temperature parameters (uhm)

If it can't function at those temps then it's a piece of s***. There has to be more to it.

That's not even close to being cold.

Air con units for residential premises have temperature range. I was thinking that this might be the same.

Anchorman's pdf indicates the problem was fixed 2/10/17. Doesn't even apply to my KE, luckily for me. Shouldn't apply to KF.

It shoudn't but seems a similiar problem still exists for the KF

Mine has told me on a number of occasions that frost is stopping the camera working and at least once, maybe twice that the camera is effected by mist.

Mine has told me on a number of occasions that frost is stopping the camera working and at least once, maybe twice that the camera is effected by mist.

Thank goodness we only get mist/fog here on occassions and no frost.

So when I get mine, *touch wood* there will be no issues

These bulletins get re issued if the first fix doesn’t work or it includes newer models. I posted the tsb just to show it can happen and maybe proffer an explanation.

I also remember the 2018 was supposed to get a new camera module to correct the issue with 2017s

How do you interpret this?
Capture2.JPG

How do you interpret this?
Capture2.JPG

Look at the date ends 2016/2017. So 2017 models and earlier need the camera replaced

As I mentioned previously, someone here advised that Mazda told them that the 2018 model supposedly has no issues as the camera and associated technology has already been upgraded meaning 2018 model has different camera et al to 2017 model

Look at the date ends 2016/2017. So 2017 models and earlier need the camera replaced

As I mentioned previously, someone here advised that Mazda told them that the 2018 model supposedly has no issues as the camera and associated technology has already been upgraded meaning 2018 model has different camera et al to 2017 model

The chart indicates that the problem occurred in ONLY SOME of the 2017 models [check the VINs]. I have a 17 with a VIN higher than those listed, and I haven't observed this problem [yet]. Mazda considered that the problem no longer existed after that point in the 2017 build. Those newer 2017 units had the "modified" camera, thus "no problem". Might be the same camera in the 18s; I couldn't say.

They often make component changes in the middle of the model year when a problem is identified.

The chart indicates that the problem occurred in ONLY SOME of the 2017 models [check the VINs]. I have a 17 with a VIN higher than those listed, and I haven't observed this problem [yet]. Mazda considered that the problem no longer existed after that point in the 2017 build. Those newer 2017 units had the "modified" camera, thus "no problem". Might be the same camera in the 18s; I couldn't say.

They often make component changes in the middle of the model year when a problem is identified.

All depends on when this newer camera came to being used

All depends on when this newer camera came to being used

Why do you suppose Mazda considered that the problem no longer existed after the VINs noted if they didn't start using the modified camera at that point in the production run?

Back