Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 cx5 rear brakes

2017 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

Yes, I can assure everybody it's quite straight forward although I cannot for the life of me remember why I've done it. The beauty of this system is that in reversing the motor it backs all the way off and advancing it back into contact, it sets the correct clearance no matter what the pad thickness is. You should only need to slightly turn the piston in order to align the pegs with the slots.

Registered Member

K2500 Diesel Suburban

Thank you so much for this thread!!! I will be changing my brakes on my 2016 CX-5 for the first time and this just saved me a huge headache. Can you share your brake pads of choice? Are the Raybestos PGD1624C the best rear pads? What about fronts?

Again Thank you for this thread. Made my Sunday morning.

I just went out to Amazon and the Raybestos PGD1624C are not listed for my 2016 CX-5? Are these pads for older model CX-5's?
    Last edited by Koz60; 09-10-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 16.5

Thanks for your attached files. Notice you are in UK.with diesel. Just did rear brakes on a 16.5 CX-5 Touring FWD in US."Maintenance Mode" does not appear on my dash cluster but an icon showing a padlock with image of car repeatedly flashes (this icon is not in manual, so assume it is for service personnel). Might be European models have different software for "Maintenance Mode" than US cars. Thanks again for your direction.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by gsp View Post
    Thanks for your attached files. Notice you are in UK.with diesel. Just did rear brakes on a 16.5 CX-5 Touring FWD in US."Maintenance Mode" does not appear on my dash cluster but an icon showing a padlock with image of car repeatedly flashes (this icon is not in manual, so assume it is for service personnel). Might be European models have different software for "Maintenance Mode" than US cars. Thanks again for your direction.
    "padlock with image of car repeatedly flashing" ? I don't think that's the rear brake maintenance mode, that's just the regular anti-theft system indicator....I might be wrong for Touring models, not sure, but if activated correctly you should have heard the rear parking brake motors whirling for a long time.....

electronic rear parking brake maintenance mode symbol for Grand Touring is (P!)

in steady yellow lit up as shown in tomcat1146's post is stays on until you deactivate it.

see link:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...ctronic-brakes
    Last edited by blackcx5; 10-11-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 16.5

blackcx5-
    Thanks for the link to Tomcat1146's instructions. That cleared up the finer points of getting into and out of "Maintenance Mode."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12