New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered my parts from the Medcenter Ebay store with the promo sale today.

I installed the firmware last weekend. Looking forward to having Android Auto back in my daily again :)

Just scheduled my dealer install for next Wednesday...They are slammed and super busy doing this retrofit! I asked how many people so far, she said about 300 people so far in my city!! I read online that over 3000+ retrofits have already been done..

Just picked the CX-5 up from the CarPlay install. So far so good and I like that the shortcut buttons still work.

No touchscreen functionality thought right? Is it cumbersome to use without the touchscreen? Also, I assume google assist works?

Touchscreen works fine in all applications, just not while moving

Great thanks. I thought someone was saying that AA wont let you use touchscreen AT ALL even at standstill...which was hard to believe...anyway, now wondering if Google's AA navigation directions would show up on the heads up display...

Yes Google Assistant works with the voice activation button on the steering wheel.

Great thanks. I thought someone was saying that AA wont let you use touchscreen AT ALL even at standstill...which was hard to believe...anyway, now wondering if Google's AA navigation directions would show up on the heads up display...

AA Nav does not show up in heads up display.

Scheduled an upgrade at our local dealer for our Mazda 3.
$400
Unfortunately, my CX-5 has the old head unit, which is not the Mazda Connect infotainment.

Got the upgrade on my 16.5 today. Was able to use a 15% off Black Friday coupon-$389 OTD, including $47! of City & State taxes. So far, so good.

Only disappointment so far - WAZE digital GPS speed display is missing due to Apple restrictions.

Got the upgrade for my 2016 CX5 - had a $40 coupon for the service center closest to me so it cost $360. Another service center down in San Jose was offering $100 off but it would have meant an hours drive down to SJ and another hour's drive back.

So far so good - noticed the Infotainment version is 70.00.100A.

The only few annoyances are:

- Apple Maps colors look washed out on the Mazda screen. Any way to change the colors?

- Apple Maps wont display the speed limit while just driving. It does display the limit while giving guidance but wont mark it in red or anything if you exceed the limit.

Was quoted $495 plus tax at local Mazda dealer. I dont understand why its so much money for a USB port upgrade and a flash.

Disappointed to have waited so long only to be told how expensive it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back