New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...a touchscreen on a motorcycle.

Just curious, do you need special gloves to use it then? Thinking the gloves my buddy wears when he rides his probably won't work on a touchscreen.

Last edited:
Supposedly the next gen Infotainment will also have a cellular connection, which would then allow you to use WiFi in the car so your passengers could use WiFi and not cell data.

Also connecting wirelessly for diagnostics.

Oh, believe me, there's has never been a larger grain of salt.

Indeed

Mazda understands the importance of in-car technology integration with applications such as Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to provide a seamless, enjoyable experience. That said, Mazda must also balance the demand for these sorts of technologies with the underlying need to provide a user experience worthy of our vehicles with a focus on the driver and the driving experience. Our product planners and engineers are exploring the viability of supporting such software. However, we do not have a specific timeline that we can share for offering Android Auto or CarPlay at this time.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations Coordinator

This is Mazda Canada's reply to me

Last edited:
Mazda understands the importance of in-car technology integration with applications such as Google Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to provide a seamless, enjoyable experience. That said, Mazda must also balance the demand for these sorts of technologies with the underlying need to provide a user experience worthy of our vehicles with a focus on the driver and the driving experience. Our product planners and engineers are exploring the viability of supporting such software. However, we do not have a specific timeline that we can share for offering Android Auto or CarPlay at this time.

Sincerely,

Standard response.

As above, "may" come in Mazda Connect II in 2019

Sincerely,

bulls***. It IS already worthy of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, so should be worthy of Mazda as well!

"product planners and engineers are exploring the viability of supporting such software" LOL, as if it is rocket science.

bulls***. It IS already worthy of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, so should be worthy of Mazda as well!

"product planners and engineers are exploring the viability of supporting such software" LOL, as if it is rocket science.

Basically marketing spin from Mazda

So I finally got a semi decent mount for my phone and decided to give AA a second shot. It is pretty good for doing hands free stuff, I have to admit. I'd probably use it a lot IF it would work with the FM / XM. Hey, I still listen to the radio a bit.
It runs great on the phone using BT though. I still don't think it's MUST HAVE to make it take over your indash radio.

Last edited:

The thing is all the new mazdas in China already support this. I don't see how hard for mazda put it to the cars elsewhere. The cars in China even has more features.

The thing is all the new mazdas in China already support this. I don't see how hard for mazda put it to the cars elsewhere. The cars in China even has more features.

Are you sure all Chinese Mazda's have this (scratch)

There are photos and youtubes of Mazda's in China running it. They have been linked here in the past, but I couldnt find them again in the 15 seconds I spent looking.

Maybe it was some sort of hack (scratch)

It was totally a hack. If they were going to bring this to any country first, do you really think China would be first? Not Japan?

http://www.mazda.com.cn/ <---Interior pictures of the CX3 and CX4 don't show AA at all.

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

This is weird..you guys do that on purpose? [emoji23]

860c769e45a678b7c5c7a2b341bbe204.jpg

It was totally a hack. If they were going to bring this to any country first, do you really think China would be first? Not Japan?

http://www.mazda.com.cn/ <---Interior pictures of the CX3 and CX4 don't show AA at all.

Not hack, if you can read Chinese, but I mean I think the system is different.
In China if Mazda want to compete with other companies, they have to bring these things in. Mazda cars is lack of space and the brand is not as good as VW or or other Japanese companies, so not really a lot people in China want to buy Mazda.

https://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-3968-54960356-1.html
500_wKgFWFekXk6ANsRWAAkIQV07sKQ999.jpg

Last edited:
New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

Not hack, if you can read Chinese, but I mean I think the system is different.
In China if Mazda want to compete with other companies, they have to bring these things in. Mazda cars is lack of space and the brand is not as good as VW or or other Japanese companies, so not really a lot people in China want to buy Mazda.

https://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-3968-54960356-1.html
500_wKgFWFekXk6ANsRWAAkIQV07sKQ999.jpg
Yeah I can attest this as I saw a picture of Apple CarPlay app in a Chinese Mazda6 before. And in this new Chinese Mazda CX-5 brochure it does say CarPlay and CarLife (Android Auto under different name?) in its infotainment system!

attachment.php

E47EA996-BC3D-45C1-BA9C-14E95E525BCB.png

Last edited:
Yeah I can arrest I saw a picture of Apple CarPlay app in a Chinese Mazda6 before. And in this new Chinese Mazda CX-5 brochure it does say CarPlay and CarLife (Android Auto under different name?) in its infotainment system!

attachment.php

View attachment 217697

Because Android in China doesn't even have google service (China block google as you know), I am not sure if AA in it. I just searched carlife, it's a BAIDU product and can use baidu map, which in China most people use this map from the phone as google map is not working. I think it just connects android phones. (just checked, actually it support both iphone and android http://carlife.baidu.com/

Not sure which company developed the system, I still think it's different than the one used in NA, but all screens looks the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back