New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This supposedly requires some hardware changes further within the unit and not just plug a new head unit in, which may be more complicated.

Am I correct (uhm)

I think you guys missed this link: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...enuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html

According to the dealer, Mazda allows 1.5 hrs for the complete hardware/software installation.

Please READ carefully. There's tons of information in the first and second post. There's also a link for a server with internal installation instructions for download.

Last edited:
I think you guys missed this link: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...enuine-carplay-android-auto-all-here-now.html

According to the dealer, Mazda allows 1.5 hrs for the complete hardware/software installation.

Please READ carefully. There's tons of information in the first and second post. There's also a link for a server with internal installation instructions for download.

What this translates to most USA owners who want AA / CP is

Total Cost :
MAzda PArts $199.
Labor is 1.5 hours times $85 (pretty average rate) = 127.5

total $327

I have read that but unless I missed it, no where does it mention the entire MZD Connect unit needs to be removed, unlike what I posted above

I have read that but unless I missed it, no where does it mention the entire MZD Connect unit needs to be removed, unlike what I posted above

Yes, only USB ports and Aux ports updated along with firmware update to 70.

What this translates to most USA owners who want AA / CP is

Total Cost :
MAzda PArts $199.
Labor is 1.5 hours times $85 (pretty average rate) = 127.5

total $327

I understand that Paul @ MazMart.com is selling the North American kit for $157. I have emailed him to purchase the kit. If that is so, self-installers like myself will end up paying around $175 with shipping.

Yes, only USB ports and Aux ports updated along with firmware update to 70.

Thank you for confirming (thumb)

So.... what Mazda Australia has stated is a bit troubling to me... removing the entire unit and putting it back... if not done properly may lead to rattles galore (eek2)

Was tempted to get AA at my first service next year (even though I really don't need it) but think I might now pass....

I don't like the fact that the entire MZD Connect unit needs to come out. The skills of the mechanic/technician need to be really good so that there are no issues with the unit being poorly placed back into it's spot etc.

Bracing for the "i have a new rattle" threads in the coming months!

I think that's an odd worry. They design these things to be easily replaceable and damn near modular. I would trust just about any dealer to to it sans rattles.

Also I think the reason the CX-5 has nearly no rattles and creaks is due to good design (strategic use of foam, extra seals ect). I wouldnt really worry about that.

I think that's an odd worry. They design these things to be easily replaceable and damn near modular. I would trust just about any dealer to to it sans rattles.
Concur. These things like the dash are designed to be taken apart and put back together. I don't think the rattles worry is really justified here.

I'd like to know how y'all are planning to plug in the new USB cables without taking out the CMU. Hint: you can't. It has to come out.

Plenty of posts re rattles on early cars.

Also I think the reason the CX-5 has nearly no rattles and creaks is due to good design (strategic use of foam, extra seals ect). I wouldn*t really worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back