New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

Just remember, Mazda hasn't officially announced it's coming to our vehicles yet. One PR guy in one article said it many months ago.
That is true. I would be disappointed if it doesn't happen and certainly would communicate that to Mazda. Call me cautiously optimistic ;)
Ha, lots of CX-5 owners had been communicating with Mazda North American Operations about Apple CarPlay and Android Auto since early last year. So far nothing happens only with empty promises ⋯ (boom02)

Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers..........

I had a similar problem getting information when the 2017 CX-5 would be available. My 2015 CX-5 lease was up in May this year but Mazda kept trying to entice me to come in and get a 2016.5 model.

Posted in other thread and for reference here.

Possible intro of AA/ACP when new Mazda Connect arrives circa 2019

here-is-mazdas-sustainable-zoom-zoom-2030-timeline-119760_1.jpg

Again no actual confirmation but would make sense since new version is due around then

This is just speculation, but depending on what goes down with Mazda Connect V2, if they add it with that update it might not even be backwards compatible at that point.

Honestly at the end of the day the current system does everything I want out of it. I can stream my music via bluetooth, it reads text messages, and I have a GT so navigation is included. The only real benefit to AA/CP for me would be real time traffic, but I can get that if I open an app in the background while streaming music via bluetooth. Where it becomes more of a feature I'd want is on lower trims where navigation is not standard. You can still stream it via bluetooth, but having the display on the screen is nice so you don't have to stick your phone to the windshield or look down to the cupholder to see the next turns.

However, as many have pointed out, now that Mazda is collaborating with Toyota on a common entertainment interface I really don't think it's coming. Toyota has stated multiple times they won't be adding AA/CP and don't think it's needed, so if Mazda Connect 2 is being co-developed with Toyota it's best to assume it's never coming.

Again, I disagree with that sentiment, and frankly don't understand the reasoning for feeling that way.
They are developing the base system together. They are creating the base OS together. Afterwards, each company will customize design on top of that. Like Google releasing Android. LG and Motorola and Samsung all use Android. Yet they are all very different. They pretty much said this in the statement. You won't be able to tell by looking that the underlying OS is the same.

"The first car to feature the new infotainment system will be the new 2018 Toyota Camry, which is*already on sale in the US. The first Mazda to use this system will likely be the redesigned Mazda 3,*which is expected in 2018. It's still not confirmed when this system will start appearing on other vehicles from these manufacturers, but reports indicated that it will be rolled out in stages. We should point out that while Toyota and Mazda will share a system, this only refers to the platform on which it's built. Mazda's version should look very different, and each company will be responsible for developing new features and applications"

And Mazdas will debut in 18 on the 3. That's more in line with the supposed leak mentioned on Reddit.

"The first car to feature the new infotainment system will be the new 2018 Toyota Camry, which is*already on sale in the US. The first Mazda to use this system will likely be the redesigned Mazda 3,*which is expected in 2018. It's still not confirmed when this system will start appearing on other vehicles from these manufacturers, but reports indicated that it will be rolled out in stages. We should point out that while Toyota and Mazda will share a system, this only refers to the platform on which it's built. Mazda's version should look very different, and each company will be responsible for developing new features and applications"

And Mazdas will debut in 18 on the 3. That's more in line with the supposed leak mentioned on Reddit.
Think the new 3 is due in 2019

Also everything is indeed speculation since Mazda have been pretty much silent on this matter

Yea but they said the new infotainment will come to the 3 in 2018. The "Reddit leak" said AA will debut on an undisclosed model in 2018.
If those are both true.......

Here's an article from CNET that confirms what 7 is saying:

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/toyota-mazda-to-share-next-gen-infotainment-platform/

Toyota and Mazda only recently announced their partnership, but the first fruits of their labor will be seen very soon.

Future Mazda and Toyota models will share the same infotainment underpinnings as part of a joint development effort, Nikkei reports. Toyota first developed the Linux-based guts of its new Entune 3.0 infotainment system, but it brought in Mazda for additional streamlining because of a lack of software developers in Japan's auto industry.
The system will first reach the public by way of the 2018 Toyota Camry, which is already on sale in the US. It should land in Mazda's stable when the redesigned Mazda3 debuts in the near future, although that has not been officially confirmed. Nikkei claims other vehicles from these manufacturers will receive the updated platform in stages.

Now, bear in mind this doesn't refer to the whole infotainment system, this only covers the platform off which it's built. Mazda's version will undoubtedly look different, and each company will be responsible for developing the features and applications that will live in each system.

Both systems, though, will be able to make use of Toyota's new Wi-Fi hotspot, which utilizes a cellular network connection to deliver over-the-air updates and new apps without requiring the owner to provide the connection. Toyota's hotspot can accommodate up to five devices simultaneously on the 2018 Camry.

While this new infotainment system will be rather flexible thanks to a library of available third-party apps like Slacker or Pandora, it should be noted that the system still does not support Apple CarPlay or Android Auto -- or, at least it doesn't on the 2018 Toyota Camry. Hopefully that will change with other models, but Toyota has a historical aversion to this sort of phone mirroring.

This is just speculation, but depending on what goes down with Mazda Connect V2, if they add it with that update it might not even be backwards compatible at that point.

Honestly at the end of the day the current system does everything I want out of it. I can stream my music via bluetooth, it reads text messages, and I have a GT so navigation is included. The only real benefit to AA/CP for me would be real time traffic, but I can get that if I open an app in the background while streaming music via bluetooth. Where it becomes more of a feature I'd want is on lower trims where navigation is not standard. You can still stream it via bluetooth, but having the display on the screen is nice so you don't have to stick your phone to the windshield or look down to the cupholder to see the next turns.

However, as many have pointed out, now that Mazda is collaborating with Toyota on a common entertainment interface I really don't think it's coming. Toyota has stated multiple times they won't be adding AA/CP and don't think it's needed, so if Mazda Connect 2 is being co-developed with Toyota it's best to assume it's never coming.
I really don't care if AA comes or not. Current system allows me to answer/make phone calls and listen to SMS. Sat nav that's already built-in is ok for me at this point as well.

Supposedly the next gen Infotainment will also have a cellular connection, which would then allow you to use WiFi in the car so your passengers could use WiFi and not cell data.

Also connecting wirelessly for diagnostics.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Oh, believe me, there's has never been a larger grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back