New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sons 18 Civic has it....I’m sold. Want.it.now, especially once google maps is integrated

What do you mean by "once google maps in integrated"? Isn't google maps inherently integrated with Android Auto?

Oh, are you talking about Carplay?

isn't the flashing of the new software only done by the dealer? you might be able to upgrade the part then would still have to go to the dealer for the software firmware update.

I thought i read that every time you go in for service part of their process is to make sure the software is up to date.

isn't the flashing of the new software only done by the dealer? you might be able to upgrade the part then would still have to go to the dealer for the software firmware update.

I thought i read that every time you go in for service part of their process is to make sure the software is up to date.

If you are referring to MZD Connect, officially it should be done by the dealer but there are instructions online allowing owners to do it themselves.

If you are referring to MZD Connect, officially it should be done by the dealer but there are instructions online allowing owners to do it themselves.

nice, then a full service do it yourself is an option.

though i would rather have them take apart my dash and center console if thats whats required, plus i'll get a free car wash out of it.

nice, then a full service do it yourself is an option.

though i would rather have them take apart my dash and center console if thats whats required, plus i'll get a free car wash out of it.

If you are wanting AA then the front usb ports in the centre console bin also need to be upgraded as they don't provide enough power. I believe this is part of the hardware upgrade when AA is rolled out.

You absolutely did NOT read that. Quite the opposite actually. First of all they will charge an hour labor to update if you're out of warranty. Second, you have to give them a reason to do it under warranty. Bluetooth acting up is usually the "excuse" you use if you want an update. This is why so many people have access to AIO because they are the opposite of proactive with updates. They don't even bother to check if you need an update when they sell you a new one. Source: mine came with an older version when there was a newer one out. Thanks Mazda!

The onus is on the owner to ask for updated MZD Connect firmware. Been that way since the beginning.

Good to hear of a fixed date. No $$$ mentioned for current owners who want it added.

Oz land only has a timeframe of later this year.

In Europe they mentioned a flat fee of 300 euros for 2018 models and 260 plus labor for other models. Pricing sounds odd to me but could be close to $500 for older models.

In Europe they mentioned a flat fee of 300 euros for 2018 models and 260 plus labor for other models. Pricing sounds odd to me but could be close to $500 for older models.

I missed that. My bad.

Maybe its different there for pricing (uhm)

I missed that. My bad.

Maybe its different there for pricing (uhm)

If it is going to cost circai AUD $350-$500 for retrofitting, I suspect most Australian Mazda owners will balk at getting AA/ACP retrofit.

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

BMW doesn’t even charge that much for wireless CarPlay and BMW is known for expensive options!

Ford charged < $100 USD when they did this.

For what it’s worth.... I was at my dealer today and asked the question.... AA/ACP....

She said with an excited voice; that they “are eager to get it and so are several others.. but all they know is what we do and that is it’s coming soon...” so she said she would be sure to contact me when it’s Available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back