New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Android Auto is good ...
but the base Mazda infotainment system is NOT all that bad ...

I simply stream K pop off Spotify from my Phone to the car ...
I personally don't really NEED android auto but it would be NICE to have . . .

_ Z _

Well I think it's safe to say at this point anyone claiming AA /ACP is really a factor in the buying decision is mistaken. Less then 20% of Mazda buyers used that as a factor in their buying decision. I'd bet you would get similar results on any car brand...

Well I think it's safe to say at this point anyone claiming AA /ACP is really a factor in the buying decision is mistaken. Less then 20% of Mazda buyers used that as a factor in their buying decision. I'd bet you would get similar results on any car brand...

Unscientific observation from commercials, they advertise (in no particular order) performance, design, space, safety features, finance deals, and warranties.

But how many potential buyers crossed Mazda off their list in part due to lack of AA/CP? And how many potential buyers are still standing on the sidelines waiting and hoping for it? Your poll is self-serving because the pro-AA/CP poll options only apply to people who have already purchased a Mazda without AA/CP.

Every prior thread about AA/CP support has been filled with your posts constantly arguing that nobody wants it and it's not that good anyway, ignoring the posters arguing otherwise and the obvious market trend in favor of it. And so you started a thread with a loaded poll, and you're even misstating the results of it. Less that 20% opted for "Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't." That option is somewhat nonsensical and I'm surprised that even 18% voted for it. Where is the poll option for people who considered AA/CP a factor their purchase decision but decided to go with the Mazda anyway for other reasons?

Oh, ffs. Really, Red_MC? Let's not read too much into it. And as I fully intend to make sure this thread doesn't become the drama laden mess the other one was I will for the record say: I never said "no one wants it". It does not drive as many sales as you and Mango seem to think it does. IN MY EXPERIENCE, not ONE person in my life HAS AA or ACP. Not young people. Not old. Not rich people, not poor millennials.
Instead of attacking me, maybe you could have used my "slanted poll" results and said:
Sure, less then 20% of people use that as a factor in their decision to buy a car, but look how many people at least WANT TO TRY IT: almost 90%.

I don't have an agenda here, man..... Relax.

I do agree with you, I did not expect many to choose option #1. I would not buy a car on the premise that it "should" get something I want later.

Last edited:
Oh, ffs. Really, Red_MC? Let's not read too much into it. And as I fully intend to make sure this thread doesn't become the drama laden mess the other one was I will for the record say: I never said "no one wants it". It does not drive as many sales as you and Mango seem to think it does. IN MY EXPERIENCE, not ONE person in my life HAS AA or ACP. Not young people. Not old. Not rich people, not poor millennials.
Instead of attacking me, maybe you could have used my "slanted poll" results and said:
Sure, less then 20% of people use that as a factor in their decision to buy a car, but look how many people at least WANT TO TRY IT: almost 90%.

I don't have an agenda here, man..... Relax.

Like Red MC said, the poll doesn't take into account how many people crossed Mazda off their due to a lack of CarPlay, or people waiting on the sidelines(who will likely get something else because CarPlay isn't coming anytime soon) waiting for it. I bet if you asked this question to people who don't ALREADY OWN A CX-5 those numbers and are shopping for a CUV those numbers would be ALOT higher.

Like Red MC said, the poll doesn't take into account how many people crossed Mazda off their due to a lack of CarPlay,

Those people aren't here.

or people waiting on the sidelines(who will likely get something else because CarPlay isn't coming anytime soon) waiting for it. I bet if you asked this question to people who don't ALREADY OWN A CX-5 those numbers and are shopping for a CUV those numbers would be ALOT higher.

And we'll just have to disagree on that. Yes, there are people that MUST have it. I bet that 18% number is actually pretty spot on.

I freely admit I am surprised that 78% were in the "want to try" category, of course, thought that would be high... just not that high.

Last edited:
Focus Groups - anybody ever hear of the practice? You can bet every car manufacturer does them. A few people here are full of themselves thinking this forum's opinions have any sway with Mazda. AA/ACP decisions are calculated responses from focus group and other research. Our poll is of interest to me, however I wonder if Mazda is aware of it.

Like Red MC said, the poll doesn't take into account how many people crossed Mazda off their due to a lack of CarPlay, or people waiting on the sidelines(who will likely get something else because CarPlay isn't coming anytime soon) waiting for it. I bet if you asked this question to people who don't ALREADY OWN A CX-5 those numbers and are shopping for a CUV those numbers would be ALOT higher.

I'd probably cross shop into a new SUV in maybe 3-4 years from now. Not really interested in CarPlay but whats up with the CRV remote start. How's the distance?

I'd probably cross shop into a new SUV in maybe 3-4 years from now. Not really interested in CarPlay but whats up with the CRV remote start. How's the distance?

Iv'e tested within a couple hundred feet and it works. Best part about it is comes in EX and above trims, no app or monthly fee needed.

The Mazda app is an annual fee, not monthly. $61. I get why...it's cellular so there is no distance limit. Very cool. I would much prefer an app for that reason. But Mazda's is apparently not good. Do agree, though, even if I get the why...there's no way I'd pay an ongoing fee to do it. And it's hella expensive to install.

Iv'e tested within a couple hundred feet and it works. Best part about it is comes in EX and above trims, no app or monthly fee needed.

Now that's a good feature and selling point to have.

Fortunately (and I'm crossing my fingers here) I can DIY install the Fortin Evo Alarm/remote start myself for my Mazdas.

Mango, hold off on the FlashPro for the CRV until you see more people doing it with no issues.

Rumor overload for sure. Lots of talk out of Mazda these days but not a lot of action in the model lineup.

Just purchased a 2017 CX-5, and the future availability of Android Auto was certainly a plus for the CX-5. I'm not a big fan of the current navigation system - the interface is absolute crap. "Points of Interest" Really? Who talks like that other than someone in the GIS field? I've got some concerns about the routing - Waze and Google Maps have given faster and more direct routes at times. I also really, really like the traffic-based navigation from Waze.

From a long-term perspective, Android Auto offers some future-proofing. I usually drive cars 10 years or so, and with the pace of technology that means I like options that help me stay relatively current. Since you can't replace head-units anymore, AA is the next best option. Would I have skipped over the CX-5 without the AA announcement? Let's put it this way, when I didn't see it in the feature list, it was the first thing I googled. It would have been a tough call without that announcement.

-- Ravensfire

Just purchased a 2017 CX-5, and the future availability of Android Auto was certainly a plus for the CX-5.

Just remember, Mazda hasn't officially announced it's coming to our vehicles yet. One PR guy in one article said it many months ago.

Car Play?

I'm still stoked high on having Blue Tooth.

6a00d83452989a69e20192abd0e33a970d-pi

Just remember, Mazda hasn't officially announced it's coming to our vehicles yet. One PR guy in one article said it many months ago.

That is true. I would be disappointed if it doesn't happen and certainly would communicate that to Mazda. Call me cautiously optimistic ;)

the poll doesn't take into account how many people crossed Mazda off their list due to a lack of CarPlay, or people waiting on the sidelines(who will likely get something else because CarPlay isn't coming anytime soon) waiting for it. I bet if you asked this question to people who don't ALREADY OWN A CX-5 those numbers and are shopping for a CUV those numbers would be ALOT higher.
Funny that.
I just bought a Mazda 6 a couple of days ago, and it doesn't have CarPlay or AA.
Guess what? I didn't, and still don't, give a crap.
But, according to you, I should have listened and crossed Mazda off my list, eh? Oops.

BTW, after doing a lot of research, the CR-V and Accord are still dogs.
But hey, according to you, they both have a wonderful lawnmower engine, a CVT, CarPlay and AA. That's the ticket. Bwaaaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back