View Poll Results: How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

Voters
246. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't.

86 34.96%
  • I really want it! However, was not a factor in my purchase.

93 37.80%
  • I'd like to try it, but not must have.

50 20.33%
  • I have zero desire for this technology.

17 6.91%
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1077

Thread: New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by corbin628 View Post
    https://youtu.be/8chosrr3f-meat your heart out!
    :-p

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by M3toCX5 View Post
    I did not know this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Now, is there any way to have the buttons hidden by default (mind you I haven't looked in the settings menus yet) so that zooming is available by default? I also noticed that I can push the controller up/down/left/right to re-center the map away from where I actually am, but this functionality appears to be tied to the touchscreen motion disablement (that is, you can't re-center while in motion, what a PITA!)...?

Yes, I agree, touchscreen only is FAR inferior to the hybrid setup that Mazda has (or other manufacturers that also have controllers, some of which are slightly better implementations that Mazda's); but, the motion disablement of the touchscreen is just too far into the nanny state...IMHO that should be an option for the owner in the settings if they want it disabled/enabled in motion for their own person/family/car...
    I usually just push the back button once the map comes up... It takes legit one second. No way to hide by default from what I have been able to find.

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by MrBmx View Post
    You're looking at three business days from order date to get shipping confirmation. That was what it took for me and another person who got from them.

I ordered last Saturday night and I got a shipping confirmation yesterday at about 4:45pm eastern.
    I ordered the kit last Sunday at noon and it took Mazda NY Parts three business days (until yesterday, Wednesday) to CANCEL my order because the kit part number I ordered "This number isn't available.If you are looking for apple carplay for the mazda6 use tk78-66-9u0c and c922-v6-605"... I replied telling them that I understood the kit to be a combination of the two individual parts they have provided numbers for, and that the kit was available to order on their website at the time I ordered. I also asked why they wouldn't have just called/emailed me to see if I wanted the individual parts rather than cancelling my kit order and making me start over (noting that the kit could still be ordered on their website as I was writing the email; heck you can even order it NOW)... They replied today "sorry the part is not available right now." Sigh...

Fortunately, when I got the cancellation from NY Mazda yesterday, I hopped over to Priority and ordered there. I also called Mazda/Ford of Orange here in SoCal which had at least 15 of each part and were willing to sell them to me over the counter (for retail rather than Priority's discounted price, but also not the marked-up prices that some other local dealers were "offering" to sell them for), which was my backup plan for today until I got the shipping notice this morning from Priority and a tracking number that tells me it should arrive on Saturday (and has left Priority)!

Now to collect my other necessities in order to do the install, maybe Sunday...!
    Last edited by M3toCX5; 09-14-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by M3toCX5 View Post
    I ordered the kit last Sunday at noon and it took Mazda NY Parts three business days (until yesterday, Wednesday) to CANCEL my order because the kit part number I ordered "This number isn't available.If you are looking for apple carplay for the mazda6 use tk78-66-9u0c and c922-v6-605"... I replied telling them that I understood the kit to be a combination of the two individual parts they have provided numbers for, and that the kit was available to order on their website at the time I ordered. I also asked why they wouldn't have just called/emailed me to see if I wanted the individual parts rather than cancelling my kit order and making me start over (noting that the kit could still be ordered on their website as I was writing the email; heck you can even order it NOW)... They replied today "sorry the part is not available right now." Sigh...

Fortunately, when I got the cancellation from NY Mazda yesterday, I hopped over to Priority and ordered there. I also called Mazda/Ford of Orange here in SoCal which had at least 15 of each part and were willing to sell them to me over the counter (for retail rather than Priority's discounted price, but also not the marked-up prices that some other local dealers were "offering" to sell them for), which was my backup plan for today until I got the shipping notice this morning from Priority and a tracking number that tells me it should arrive on Saturday (and has left Priority)!

Now to collect my other necessities in order to do the install, maybe Sunday...!
    Glad it's all working out for you man, I ordered the individual parts from mazdanyparts as I didn't have the kit number. Should have mine today at some point.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I think Mazda USA is probably trying to get dealers to stop selling them. I bet theyíre attempting to boost Mazda6 sales by giving it an exclusive. But thatís dumb. I donít think many people actually cross shop CX-5 and Mazda6. They are either in the market for a sedan or a crossover...... so why withhold the feature from your car that actually is popular..... ok rant over.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    I think Mazda USA is probably trying to get dealers to stop selling them. I bet they*re attempting to boost Mazda6 sales by giving it an exclusive. But that*s dumb. I don*t think many people actually cross shop CX-5 and Mazda6. They are either in the market for a sedan or a crossover...... so why withhold the feature from your car that actually is popular..... ok rant over.
    On the other forums, it has been stated that Mazda wants to meet volume of 6 owners it has been promised too. That is what the initial stock is for and until they get the letters out to all 6 owners and start installs, they don't want to run out of parts.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by alphadog00 View Post
    On the other forums, it has been stated that Mazda wants to meet volume of 6 owners it has been promised too. That is what the initial stock is for and until they get the letters out to all 6 owners and start installs, they don't want to run out of parts.
    Right, however I think the reason they did it with the 6 refresh first and not across the board was to try to boost 6 sales. It just seems silly as itís a low volume car. Hopefully that demand doesnít take long.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 GS

My dealer has the parts and the parts manager will sell them to me. My CX-5 is in for an Engine Replacement if you can believe it. I asked for a quote on doing the work while itís at the dealer. The only issue is the new firmware is not at the dealer. Iíll have to download it and bring it to him. They use a laptop to update units and he isnít sure they can access 70.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Engine replacement! Ouch

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 GS

Engine replacement! Ouch
    Luckily under warranty.

So should we let this thread drop now (yes, imo) and continue the conversation in the thread that has the videos?!?

What say ye all?

I
    Right, however I think the reason they did it with the 6 refresh first and not across the board was to try to boost 6 sales. It just seems silly as itís a low volume car. Hopefully that demand doesnít take long.
    Missed this comment. I don't understand why you think it's "silly"
    Makes perfect sense to me. Come out with a new redesigned 6...worried how insanely busy your dealers will be if you open up every model on day 1... Makes perfect sense to start with the low volume car.
    I haven't seen too many people pissed off because they have to wait. I can only imagine how many would be pissed if there was 3 month wait to even see the dealer about installing it because demand was too high....
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Carless

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    IMissed this comment. I don't understand why you think it's "silly"
    Makes perfect sense to me. Come out with a new redesigned 6...worried how insanely busy your dealers will be if you open up every model on day 1... Makes perfect sense to start with the low volume car.
    I haven't seen too many people pissed off because they have to wait. I can only imagine how many would be pissed if there was 3 month wait to even see the dealer about installing it because demand was too high....
    They can install it in 1 car in 2 hours or less. It probably takes manufacturers 5 minutes to assemble he units and probably do multiple at a time. Inventory should eclipse the Mazda 6 sales in literally days to weeks.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/Premium

I'll believe it when I see it, but while at the dealer this morning for my '18 CX5's first oil change, the advisor asked how I like the car and if there were any issues.

I responded that the car was great, but I wished it had Android Auto. She responded "it's coming." She then said I would be getting a letter in a couple of months from Mazda resembling a "Recall letter." Mazda is supposedly upgrading the '18 CX5s like they are the Mazda 6.

The Service Manager confirmed it. Mazda is metering the upgrade. After they knock out the 6's, they are supposed to be taking care of the CX5.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it, but it gives me a little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrow925 View Post
    They can install it in 1 car in 2 hours or less. It probably takes manufacturers 5 minutes to assemble he units and probably do multiple at a time. Inventory should eclipse the Mazda 6 sales in literally days to weeks.
    It takes 2 hours. That's 5 cars a day. 10 if you have 2 techs. Plus all the other maintenance you have to do for your other owners? Let's drop that to 5 or 6 a day you can do now. You have 30,000 6's in the wild. 350,000 CX5's. (Totally made up numbers). Surely you can see that adding even just the CX-5 to the mix is going to backlog everyone. Starting with the 6 to test the demand and see how everything works from the dealer's perspective, AND the customers end, was no question the right decision. IMO of course, but I think it would have been a giant clusterf*** had they released it across the board at the same time.
    It's not JUST about supply of the parts... it's about maintaining everyone's sanity. I'm saying if they released it across the board for every model they would be so behind with orders.
    I can just see the posts if they released all at once: "OMG! Can't get AA installed for 2 months! F MAZDA!"

It's working. People are getting it. They are selling parts to people, not even denying that to force people to go to the dealer for an install. Some dealers even selling to non 6 owners. I actually expected them to be all "sorry, we can't sell parts yet, you must come in for an install"... Pleasantly surprised by that.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast