View Poll Results: How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

Voters
248. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't.

87 35.08%
  • I really want it! However, was not a factor in my purchase.

94 37.90%
  • I'd like to try it, but not must have.

50 20.16%
  • I have zero desire for this technology.

17 6.85%
Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,081 to 1,089 of 1089

Thread: New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

Registered Member
    Donated: $25

Mazda CX-5 GS 2018 AWD

WhatsApp is accessed via Android Auto on the phone. The phone is connected to the car via bluetooth.
    IskiE

------

I have a blue box that travels in Time and Space, and occasionally relative dimensions.

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by isketerol View Post
    WhatsApp is accessed via Android Auto on the phone. The phone is connected to the car via bluetooth.
    I'm confused...have you performed the "official" AA/CP upgrade outlined in this thread to your Mazda (or bought a Mazda6 that has it installed)?? Phones running AA/CP are connected to the Mazda Connect system primarily via a wired connection (though there are some apps like Waze that use still Bluetooth to connect additionally/alternatively). As you've stated that there are several people reporting in Google Forums they are having this issue with a variety of built-in bluetooth systems, I have to think it it most likely a compatibility issue that WhatsApp needs to address, and not specific to AA, or more specifically the Mazda "official" upgrade being discussed in this thread...?

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Corbin, you are the man. I did the install using your vids as a reference. Went well for he most part.

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

CarPlay Issue

Just finished installing my CarPlay and before I buttoned up the dash, I tried it out and it worked fine. I then put everything back together and tried it again.

It would not fire up. Apple CarPlay was greyed out in the settings and I continually got an “Apple CarPlay Failed” message.

I did a hard rest on the phone and was finally able to get CP to launch.

No sometimes, when using Amazon Music or SiriusXM or Spotify, the CP controls on the left show, but the rest of the screen is blank.

If I hit the home button on the phone, the screen shows the correct icons. Go back into the app and it’s blank again.

I rebooted phone and the apps were back in default order and now work properly.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by LAMike240; 09-19-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Registered Member

2018 Mazda CX-5

When will Mazda dealers be ready to install these in the USA? This for sure interests me as I am a heavy navigation user for my job and the Mazda navigation just isn’t fast enough for me. Especially in big cities

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Later this year I believe
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Waze should be available by then. Sounds like a few more weeks.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with Tech & iActiveSense Pkgs

After 3 different cancelled online dealer orders and a fourth one issuing a tracking number but neglecting to actually ship my package for 5 days until I contacted them, plus a weather related transport delay, I received the USB hub and cables yesterday. Completed the install between last evening and this morning (firmware update done previously)...not at all terrible, and nothing thankfully broken or damaged.

--tried the shortcut to access the hub via the footwell as I don't have huge hands, but tore the crap out of my forearm and have a nice big bruise as a result. I could get to the hub and easily removed the connector/existing USB cable, but could not release the tabs at the same time adequately enough.
    --the add'l parts for the full removal were not a lot of extra work to complete, at least with the official removal instructions and guidance from those who came before me.
    --Could not for the life of me get the two internal wiring connector mounts off of the rear and center console frame parts, so fudged that by pushing the rear console back as far as possible to allow the upper part with the hub to come out enough to get to the original hub.
    --Got irritated and just broke off the tabs on the hub to get it removed.
    --I was able to get the new USB cables from the CMU area down to the hub by simply dropping them off to the right, where I could see then them in the right footwell area, and then continue to route them around and behind into the hub area. Didn't need to use my fiberglass wire fish at all.
    --Took the opportunity with the decoration panel off to re-do my ProClip mount, which I noticed was installed incorrectly and upside down.
    --Tested before reassembly, and the CP prompt showed up and it worked.
    --Everything went back together properly, although the center panel around the screen was slightly difficult to get back in place--you kinda have to flex it outwards to get the tabs to properly seat in both the top and side bottom areas.
    --Had a minor heart attack for a moment when I first turned on the car again. The electronic emergency brake apparently needed time to reset, as it would not turn off and just flashed at me. After waiting a bit and turning the car off/on, it again worked as expected.
    --Checked the errors and deleted the one noting that the headunit had been removed (had to move the car during the install).

Very happy with CarPlay, in particular since my Mazda Nav maps subscription expired a month ago. Pandora also works a lot better via CP than through the car's system.

Also noticed how much easier it is in general to release the various wire harness clips in this car versus my 2010 Mazda6, in particular on the CMU where navigation room was limited. The clips have much easier to release designs now.

Much thanks again to everyone's input to date on this, and a big thanks to (Mazda3 Revolution's) ASH8's tireless support of this effort and all the help provided.

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273