New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other forums, it has been stated that Mazda wants to meet volume of 6 owners it has been promised too. That is what the initial stock is for and until they get the letters out to all 6 owners and start installs, they don't want to run out of parts.

Right, however I think the reason they did it with the 6 refresh first and not across the board was to try to boost 6 sales. It just seems silly as its a low volume car. Hopefully that demand doesnt take long.

My dealer has the parts and the parts manager will sell them to me. My CX-5 is in for an Engine Replacement if you can believe it. I asked for a quote on doing the work while its at the dealer. The only issue is the new firmware is not at the dealer. Ill have to download it and bring it to him. They use a laptop to update units and he isnt sure they can access 70.

So should we let this thread drop now (yes, imo) and continue the conversation in the thread that has the videos?!?

What say ye all?

I
Right, however I think the reason they did it with the 6 refresh first and not across the board was to try to boost 6 sales. It just seems silly as its a low volume car. Hopefully that demand doesnt take long.
Missed this comment. I don't understand why you think it's "silly"
Makes perfect sense to me. Come out with a new redesigned 6...worried how insanely busy your dealers will be if you open up every model on day 1... Makes perfect sense to start with the low volume car.
I haven't seen too many people pissed off because they have to wait. I can only imagine how many would be pissed if there was 3 month wait to even see the dealer about installing it because demand was too high....

IMissed this comment. I don't understand why you think it's "silly"
Makes perfect sense to me. Come out with a new redesigned 6...worried how insanely busy your dealers will be if you open up every model on day 1... Makes perfect sense to start with the low volume car.
I haven't seen too many people pissed off because they have to wait. I can only imagine how many would be pissed if there was 3 month wait to even see the dealer about installing it because demand was too high....

They can install it in 1 car in 2 hours or less. It probably takes manufacturers 5 minutes to assemble he units and probably do multiple at a time. Inventory should eclipse the Mazda 6 sales in literally days to weeks.

I'll believe it when I see it, but while at the dealer this morning for my '18 CX5's first oil change, the advisor asked how I like the car and if there were any issues.

I responded that the car was great, but I wished it had Android Auto. She responded "it's coming." She then said I would be getting a letter in a couple of months from Mazda resembling a "Recall letter." Mazda is supposedly upgrading the '18 CX5s like they are the Mazda 6.

The Service Manager confirmed it. Mazda is metering the upgrade. After they knock out the 6's, they are supposed to be taking care of the CX5.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it, but it gives me a little hope.

They can install it in 1 car in 2 hours or less. It probably takes manufacturers 5 minutes to assemble he units and probably do multiple at a time. Inventory should eclipse the Mazda 6 sales in literally days to weeks.

It takes 2 hours. That's 5 cars a day. 10 if you have 2 techs. Plus all the other maintenance you have to do for your other owners? Let's drop that to 5 or 6 a day you can do now. You have 30,000 6's in the wild. 350,000 CX5's. (Totally made up numbers). Surely you can see that adding even just the CX-5 to the mix is going to backlog everyone. Starting with the 6 to test the demand and see how everything works from the dealer's perspective, AND the customers end, was no question the right decision. IMO of course, but I think it would have been a giant clusterf*** had they released it across the board at the same time.
It's not JUST about supply of the parts... it's about maintaining everyone's sanity. I'm saying if they released it across the board for every model they would be so behind with orders.
I can just see the posts if they released all at once: "OMG! Can't get AA installed for 2 months! F MAZDA!"

It's working. People are getting it. They are selling parts to people, not even denying that to force people to go to the dealer for an install. Some dealers even selling to non 6 owners. I actually expected them to be all "sorry, we can't sell parts yet, you must come in for an install"... Pleasantly surprised by that.

I'll believe it when I see it, but while at the dealer this morning for my '18 CX5's first oil change, the advisor asked how I like the car and if there were any issues.

I responded that the car was great, but I wished it had Android Auto. She responded "it's coming." She then said I would be getting a letter in a couple of months from Mazda resembling a "Recall letter." Mazda is supposedly upgrading the '18 CX5s like they are the Mazda 6.

The Service Manager confirmed it. Mazda is metering the upgrade. After they knock out the 6's, they are supposed to be taking care of the CX5.

Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it, but it gives me a little hope.

Nice, so this kind of confirms what I thought I read somewhere about the rest of the 2018 Touring an up lineup being upgraded free of charge after the 6. Strange that they start with the sedan, sedan sales are dipping while crossovers are rising(hand). I did however already order and install the parts. But if the dealer will offer the free upgrade I can sell the kit to someone with an older model Mazda and recoup some of what I spent.

It takes 2 hours. That's 5 cars a day. 10 if you have 2 techs. Plus all the other maintenance you have to do for your other owners? Let's drop that to 5 or 6 a day you can do now. You have 30,000 6's in the wild. 350,000 CX5's. (Totally made up numbers). Surely you can see that adding even just the CX-5 to the mix is going to backlog everyone. Starting with the 6 to test the demand and see how everything works from the dealer's perspective, AND the customers end, was no question the right decision. IMO of course, but I think it would have been a giant clusterf*** had they released it across the board at the same time.
It's not JUST about supply of the parts... it's about maintaining everyone's sanity. I'm saying if they released it across the board for every model they would be so behind with orders.
I can just see the posts if they released all at once: "OMG! Can't get AA installed for 2 months! F MAZDA!"

It's working. People are getting it. They are selling parts to people, not even denying that to force people to go to the dealer for an install. Some dealers even selling to non 6 owners. I actually expected them to be all "sorry, we can't sell parts yet, you must come in for an install"... Pleasantly surprised by that.

Agreed. I'd rather wait a bit and have it done right on our CX5. It's not like they're denying anyone who wants to do it themselves either.

Nice, so this kind of confirms what I thought I read somewhere about the rest of the 2018 Touring an up lineup being upgraded free of charge after the 6. Strange that they start with the sedan, sedan sales are dipping while crossovers are rising(hand). I did however already order and install the parts. But if the dealer will offer the free upgrade I can sell the kit to someone with an older model Mazda and recoup some of what I spent.
So you're going to pull it apart, take the parts out, put the old ones in then go to the dealer to have it installed supposedly free, just to get...$200 back? Is it really worth it?

Last edited:
My dealer has the parts and the parts manager will sell them to me. My CX-5 is in for an Engine Replacement if you can believe it. I asked for a quote on doing the work while its at the dealer. The only issue is the new firmware is not at the dealer. Ill have to download it and bring it to him. They use a laptop to update units and he isnt sure they can access 70.

Where's the thread discussing this engine replacement...!?!?!

Sorry to hear it happened to you, glad to hear that it's being done under warranty, want to know more about what generated it...

I've got the v59 firmware. If I want to do the hack that allows for enabling touch while driving, do I need to do that *before* I install this new ACP/AA kit + firmware?

Or is it even possible with v59 firmware?

Sorry to hear it happened to you, glad to hear that it's being done under warranty, want to know more about what generated it...

Im wanting to know the same thing!! What happened?

I've got the v59 firmware. If I want to do the hack that allows for enabling touch while driving, do I need to do that *before* I install this new ACP/AA kit + firmware?

Or is it even possible with v59 firmware?

Saying 59 firmware is not enough. If you are below 59.00.502, then you can do the hack easily. If above that, you need to do the serial cable hack.

I am not sure if anyone has tested the serial cable hack after v70 firmware, so you probably should do tweaks before v70.

Also people are reporting the "bring back" script is working for 70 for most AIO features. So if you're hacked and install 70, most hacks re-anable.

Yeah I will post a thread in the lounge tomorrow. Bit of a long-ish story but will do my best to keep it short :)

a477224d0787b5103accb66e55b3be95.png

13a93f80a1db6c3de1e2f1ffb7436fa0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back