New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting... looks like someone has come out with some kind of adapter box to allow AA to work with Mazda connect - says plug and play. He has other videos showing apple car play as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnfNX9Lirrs

Yes but seems they have hooked up cables via glove box. So some part of the dashboard area needs to be removed to accommodate this (uhm)

Yes but seems they have hooked up cables via glove box. So some part of the dashboard area needs to be removed to accommodate this (uhm)

Yes, i am sure of that. There is probably some kind of break out box plugged in - inline. The Glovebox stuff appears to be for other USB devices to play videos and such. There are other videos that show phones plugged in - maybe to some other USB cable too.

I thought it was interesting as I had never seen an add on for MC.

Yes, i am sure of that. There is probably some kind of break out box plugged in - inline. The Glovebox stuff appears to be for other USB devices to play videos and such. There are other videos that show phones plugged in - maybe to some other USB cable too.

I thought it was interesting as I had never seen an add on for MC.

Maybe some sort of OBD connectors there (scratch)

I don't know anything about using USB but the last 2:
Aha and Stitcher PAY Mazda to put those there. I'm betting part of the deal is they cannot let us remove them.
I don't need words for icons either.

Re: Incoming texts. You aren't supposed to be able to do that when moving unless you hacked the system. Has something changed?

Some of the icons aren't standard so their meaning isn't intuitive.

Given the evils of texting and driving, asking the driver take their eyes off the screen and press a button within a limited timeframe doesn't seem the safest interface.

Someone in another forum received this response from Mazda Netherlands re AA/ACP timeframe:

2rq269i.jpg

Always skeptical: why is the entire thing written in Dutch...except for his title?

Sort of floating between options 3 and 4.

Would be cool to try I suppose, but I really don't care.

Yea... it would be cool to try. Like HUD and Auto-Hold... these improvements didn’t hold much attraction for me, until I bought my 2017 - they are very nice indeed.
-
Kinda like the electricity & the lightbulb.

Finally got to try AA in a 2018 Ford F-150. It is pretty nice. Smooth as silk on Ford's infotainment. I wonder if it would run as well in the older Mazdas.
Fords modern infotainment is pretty nice actually.
Touchscreen fully operational while in motion too, btw.

No. They won't announce it until it's very close to being released.

From previous reports, it might come out late this year, if not next year.

I expect no announcement in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back