New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopped by my local dealer today and had them update the Firmware to the latest 70.xxx which supports ACP/AA for free and got a car wash and was provided a loaner/courtesy Mazda 3 while I went back to work.

Just ordered and will have the same OEM genuine parts retro fit kit off ebay for $169 shipped and will be delivered to me by this Friday and will do the DIY this weekend.

I asked and the local service manager at the dealer and he was saying they charge $145 a hour for labor which is why the $380 parts & labor for the retro fit kit was a special for their loyal customers is for a limited time, and they aren't scheduling appointments for customers who go this route until the 19th.

Uhh... yeah no thanks lol.

Last edited:
My Mazda Service advisor called to inform me that they are installing CarPlay into 2018's after the 19th. Has anyone had the install? How does it work?

My Mazda Service advisor called to inform me that they are installing CarPlay into 2018's after the 19th. Has anyone had the install? How does it work?

Many of us have done self-installs already. It works the same on all Mazdas with same info-tainment system, so you can find lots of reviews online already. I use it with Android auto and it works very well. Had it in for a couple months now - yes the official kit and software.

Here is my advice on how to purchase the OEM genuine retro fit kit and your options on getting it installed.

First off DO NOT let your local Mazda dealer sweet talk you and swindle you from buying the retro fit upgrade kit and doing install from them unless your are some rich person with $$$ to burn. If so well.. more power to you.

- You can find and buy these OEM Genuine retro fit kits from authorized and reputable mazda dealers on ebay and get them cheap from $150 to under $200 shipped.
- Do some research where you live and more than likely you will find a reputable independent expert car audio expert who can do the install for you and you spend less than $100 for the install. Trust me I found several options in my city by searching on yelp.com
-Or you can do the install yourself if you are comfortable, tech & car savy, and have the right tools to do the install yourself.

Bottom line is Mazda USA and other regions specifically targeted the week of November 19th to try and cash in on Black Friday and the rest of the Holiday season while over pricing Mazda car owners for parts & labor install from the dealerships.

Don't fall for how loyal these Mazda dealers try to act and up sell you for car parts and services.

Only go through the dealer if you have an agreement in writing saying they would install the retro fit kit for you for FREE when it becomes available.

Last edited:

I did the self install with OEM Mazda parts. It works as expected. The only caveat is the touch screen does not work with Android Auto. Apparently Mazda couldn't figure out how to disable the touch screen while the car is in motion, so they just leave it disabled all the time. Touch screen works fine for Apple Car Play while the car is stopped. There are a ton of youtube videos if you're unfamiliar with the Android Auto or Apple Car Play experience.

First off DO NOT let your local Mazda dealer sweet talk you and swindle you from buying the retro fit upgrade kit and doing install from them unless your are some rich person with $$$ to burn. If so well.. more power to you.

Mazda said in 16 that the average salary of a GT buyer was $93K. $500 isn't all that much to us... er I mean them. You don't have to be "some rich person" to afford $500. Come on Judgy McJudgerson. :p And to many people I'm sure it's worth it because they simply don't want to take their car apart.
Like me. Although I have AA from the Mazda Tweak. If I didn't AND I THOUGHT AA WAS MUST HAVE (it's not to me) I'd happily pay Mazda to do it. I don't want to spend the time doing it...I'm not 22 anymore and have a young kid that keeps me busy.... and it's 22 degrees outside...no heat in my garage... and knowing my skill at taking apart a car dash I'd break a clip somewhere, no doubt. Even if breaking a clip didn't affect fitment it would drive me nuts knowing I broke it...

Anyway... just saying.

Yup I plan to let the dealer do it. I hate hate hate interior work. Did plenty when I was broke in college. Now I can afford to pay someone else to deal with that.

Agreed. I cut a hole in my roof with our last car to install a rally vent.
Nowadays, I'd rather spend my time assembling the Cozy Coupe with my son. Has anyone put one of those together? The roof pillar pins are a total pain.

Last edited:
I agree with all those sentiments. My wifes CX-5 is only 6 months old. No way Im tearing that dash apart. I barely wanna do it in my 5 year old 6.... lol. I wish I could put Mazda Connect in that one.

I agree with all those sentiments. My wife*s CX-5 is only 6 months old. No way I*m tearing that dash apart. I barely wanna do it in my 5 year old 6.... lol. I wish I could put Mazda Connect in that one.

I felt the same way. My CX-5 was only about a year old, and I thought there is no way I'm taking this thing apart myself. Then I watched the youtube video on how it's done, and realized everything is just clipped in, and comes off very easily. I followed the video, and did it myself, it wasn't difficult at all.

With that said, if it were on option to have a dealership do it at that time, I probably would have just paid them as well.

Honestly to each there own if you want to pay the dealer or do it yourself. Just dont deride someone for their choice. We all have different aptitudes for this kind of thing.

Just had my dealer, Keffer Mazda order the parts for the Apple Carplay upgrade to my 2016 CX-5. Parts will be in tomorrow and they're doing the install next Friday. They say they've been doing the upgrade for a couple of weeks now. Also, they had just sent me a $100 off service coupon so I'm getting it done for about $350. I'm happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back