View Poll Results: How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't.

90 35.16%
  • I really want it! However, was not a factor in my purchase.

95 37.11%
  • I'd like to try it, but not must have.

53 20.70%
  • I have zero desire for this technology.

18 7.03%
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1225

Thread: New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.

BUT... it is right there in the first post:

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ml#post2405671

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.
    Most threads become like that eventually.

Still there's no need to label another user when they don't get the answer they are wanting. It's an easy thing to do not to mention a cheap and low shot.

Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification. I don't bother people without trying to find out myself first or if I do, try something out.

Any ways good luck to those wanting and installing AA/ACP
    Last edited by Xeler8ing; 10-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post

...Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification...
    ^^^
    You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    ^^^
    You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!
    I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

That's my 2

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by MrBmx View Post
    I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

That's my 2
    Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
    Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
    Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.
    I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.

Agree it doesn't need pinned any more. Not locked or removed though.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Thank you

We do have another sticky thread CX-5 Android / Apple - EU Soon | AUS 4Q 2018 | US/CA Soon

Maybe this can be opened, title altered and then used
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Founder

Eunos Cosmo 20B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.
    Well said and good call...

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Thank you

We do have another sticky thread CX-5 Android / Apple - EU Soon | AUS 4Q 2018 | US/CA Soon

Maybe this can be opened, title altered and then used
    True and good point...To focus on which aspect of this overall topic...News? Hacks? Installs? Open to suggestions...

Thank you

How about something like "The All In One Android Auto / Apple Car Play thread" with a note mentioning "News? Hacks? Installs?" etc

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

An "all-in-one" thread is a great idea, since the system is the same across all models (right?). Even then, with all that information in one spot, it would be just as confusing as this thread.

If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.

That said, I don't think it's all that necessary since you can just use the "Search Thread" feature located right above the first post of any page. Typically, when I want to find some information/feedback on a discussion forum, I do a Google search to identify relevant threads from different forums. Then I use each forum's Search Thread tool to find what I'm looking for. If I can't find that info (usually due to the forum's Search Thread tool not working correctly), I post a question stating that I've tried doing my own research already.

If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post

If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.
    I don't think any action needs to be taken. This thread will slowly die off on it's own as more and more people install AA/ACP on their CX-5. Naturally more threads will appear as people encounter issues or news relating AA/ACP apps, software updates, issues, hacks etc etc. Trying to predict and create those thread topics now is a waste of time, unless you are a true visionary :-)

If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.
    Meh, I respond to queries all the time, usually people don't post every step they've tried, nor am I interested in what they've tried if I know what the solution is, or I feel I get get them pointed in the right direction. Sometimes knowing the previous steps is useful information, depending on the question. In my case saying, "I googled already, and wasn't sure which source is the most trusted" wouldn't have offered anything to the discussion. Typically the type of people that make the effort to join a discussion forum or more savvy, and it's a pretty safe bet that they've already googled their question before going through the much slower process of asking on a discussion forum. Anyways, no big deal, people in the Mazda community got me pointed in the right direction. Sorry if I offended anyone :-)

And pin/sticky them to the top

Registered Member

Mazda cx-5 gt w/tech pkg

Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

Thanks in advance

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mikescott69 View Post
    Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

Thanks in advance
    I paid $200 for parts and installed myself. Yes, worth it for AA in my opinion. No lag, glitching, etc. You just have to navigate by command know which is a little painful in waze until you get used to it. Also, you don't get a combination of AA and Connect... if you are in one, you use the features of that one. For example, if like the connect call screen, but you are in AA, when you get a call in, it is handled by AA, not Connect. Or if you like Connect favorites for calls, you have to exit AA to get there.

Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast