View Poll Results: How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't.

    90 35.16%
  • I really want it! However, was not a factor in my purchase.

    95 37.11%
  • I'd like to try it, but not must have.

    53 20.70%
  • I have zero desire for this technology.

    18 7.03%
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1225

Thread: New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

  1. #1171
    Registered Member 7eregrine's Avatar

    2016.5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    CLE
    Posts
    4,100
    To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.

    BUT... it is right there in the first post:

    https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ml#post2405671

  2. #1172
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,933
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    To be fair that thread is a convoluted mess. As it the 400 page Android Auo thread.
    Most threads become like that eventually.

    Still there's no need to label another user when they don't get the answer they are wanting. It's an easy thing to do not to mention a cheap and low shot.

    Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification. I don't bother people without trying to find out myself first or if I do, try something out.

    Any ways good luck to those wanting and installing AA/ACP
    Last edited by Xeler8ing; 10-10-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Recent Vehicle History:

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)


  3. #1173
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post

    ...Not very hard to look up other forums via Google and get the information they want. I do it all the time and then I ask questions if I need clarification...
    ^^^
    You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

    It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

    7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!

  4. #1174
    Registered Member

    2016.5 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Long Island New York
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    ^^^
    You assumed with me, and many others on this forum as well that we don't look for our answers elsewhere. You just said yourself that you ask on here when you need clarification, but whenever someone posts a question on this forum for clarification, half your responses are, "Google it".

    It's a cheap response, that doesn't offer anything to the discussion. I can't think of any possible reason to state something so obvious, other than trolling the forum.

    7eregrine, thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction. Much appreciated!
    I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

    That's my 2

  5. #1175
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBmx View Post
    I think we've reached the point when this thread should be closed... nothing new has been discussed and there are a slew of other threads with the necessary resources, namely the mazda3rev forum with all the docs and firmware DLS.. anyone else feel this way? We're over 1k posts and now just bickering over someone not doing due diligence then berating another for not spoon feeding him links but calling out his laziness.

    That's my 2
    Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
    Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.

  6. #1176
    Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

    '15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    5,675
    Quote Originally Posted by sjtilney View Post
    Unpinning it would be a good start. It's covering too many topics. AA/ACP release news, AA/ACP hacks, AA/ACP self-install, etc etc.
    Each one of these should probably be on a separate thread, but I've seen other threads get locked because they feel anything relating to AA/ACP should be discussed here.
    I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.

  7. #1177
    Registered Member 7eregrine's Avatar

    2016.5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    CLE
    Posts
    4,100
    Agree it doesn't need pinned any more. Not locked or removed though.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #1178
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,933
    Thank you

    We do have another sticky thread CX-5 Android / Apple - EU Soon | AUS 4Q 2018 | US/CA Soon

    Maybe this can be opened, title altered and then used
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #1179
    El Tres Rotor Antoine's Avatar
    Founder

    Eunos Cosmo 20B

    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Kobe, Japan
    Posts
    14,078
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I'd like to add that Xerlering is most definitely not a troll, and regardless of how you feel about his google response, try to keep the name calling/labeling out please and thank you. I agree, I'll unsticky this thread because it's pretty broad as is.
    Well said and good call...


    Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    Thank you

    We do have another sticky thread CX-5 Android / Apple - EU Soon | AUS 4Q 2018 | US/CA Soon

    Maybe this can be opened, title altered and then used
    True and good point...To focus on which aspect of this overall topic...News? Hacks? Installs? Open to suggestions...

  10. #1180
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,933
    Thank you

    How about something like "The All In One Android Auto / Apple Car Play thread" with a note mentioning "News? Hacks? Installs?" etc
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #1181
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    459
    An "all-in-one" thread is a great idea, since the system is the same across all models (right?). Even then, with all that information in one spot, it would be just as confusing as this thread.

    If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.

    That said, I don't think it's all that necessary since you can just use the "Search Thread" feature located right above the first post of any page. Typically, when I want to find some information/feedback on a discussion forum, I do a Google search to identify relevant threads from different forums. Then I use each forum's Search Thread tool to find what I'm looking for. If I can't find that info (usually due to the forum's Search Thread tool not working correctly), I post a question stating that I've tried doing my own research already.

    If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.

  12. #1182
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post

    If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.
    I don't think any action needs to be taken. This thread will slowly die off on it's own as more and more people install AA/ACP on their CX-5. Naturally more threads will appear as people encounter issues or news relating AA/ACP apps, software updates, issues, hacks etc etc. Trying to predict and create those thread topics now is a waste of time, unless you are a true visionary :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.
    Meh, I respond to queries all the time, usually people don't post every step they've tried, nor am I interested in what they've tried if I know what the solution is, or I feel I get get them pointed in the right direction. Sometimes knowing the previous steps is useful information, depending on the question. In my case saying, "I googled already, and wasn't sure which source is the most trusted" wouldn't have offered anything to the discussion. Typically the type of people that make the effort to join a discussion forum or more savvy, and it's a pretty safe bet that they've already googled their question before going through the much slower process of asking on a discussion forum. Anyways, no big deal, people in the Mazda community got me pointed in the right direction. Sorry if I offended anyone :-)

  13. #1183
    Registered Member Xeler8ing's Avatar

    '18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Down Under..Australia
    Posts
    8,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post

    If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.
    And pin/sticky them to the top
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #1184
    Registered Member

    Mazda cx-5 gt w/tech pkg

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Milton Ontario
    Posts
    1
    Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

    So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

    Thanks in advance

  15. #1185
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5 GT AWD

    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by mikescott69 View Post
    Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

    So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

    Thanks in advance
    I paid $200 for parts and installed myself. Yes, worth it for AA in my opinion. No lag, glitching, etc. You just have to navigate by command know which is a little painful in waze until you get used to it. Also, you don't get a combination of AA and Connect... if you are in one, you use the features of that one. For example, if like the connect call screen, but you are in AA, when you get a call in, it is handled by AA, not Connect. Or if you like Connect favorites for calls, you have to exit AA to get there.

Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The overall mod help me out with my decision making skills thread...thread
    By my3needsaname in forum Mazda3 Accessories & Appearance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 01:06 AM
  2. Ninja Turtle poll thread
    By NRRfrogmanP5 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
  3. I hate to say it poll please read and do the poll guys!
    By MnDriver in forum Mazda6 Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 08:23 PM
  4. Voting in poll bumps thread
    By Matthew in forum M247 News & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 09:45 AM
  5. How do I set up a poll?
    By jayka in forum M247 News & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 05:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •