New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An "all-in-one" thread is a great idea, since the system is the same across all models (right?). Even then, with all that information in one spot, it would be just as confusing as this thread.

If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.

That said, I don't think it's all that necessary since you can just use the "Search Thread" feature located right above the first post of any page. Typically, when I want to find some information/feedback on a discussion forum, I do a Google search to identify relevant threads from different forums. Then I use each forum's Search Thread tool to find what I'm looking for. If I can't find that info (usually due to the forum's Search Thread tool not working correctly), I post a question stating that I've tried doing my own research already.

If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.

If you want to make it Google-friendly, separate the topics into their own threads. That way, a Google search for that topic brings up the thread dedicated to that topic. Less "extra" stuff to wade through in that case.

I don't think any action needs to be taken. This thread will slowly die off on it's own as more and more people install AA/ACP on their CX-5. Naturally more threads will appear as people encounter issues or news relating AA/ACP apps, software updates, issues, hacks etc etc. Trying to predict and create those thread topics now is a waste of time, unless you are a true visionary :)

If the "Google it" response bothers you, this is the best way that I've found to avoid it, as you either find what you're looking for in the process, or you show that you've done your due diligence before posing the question.

Meh, I respond to queries all the time, usually people don't post every step they've tried, nor am I interested in what they've tried if I know what the solution is, or I feel I get get them pointed in the right direction. Sometimes knowing the previous steps is useful information, depending on the question. In my case saying, "I googled already, and wasn't sure which source is the most trusted" wouldn't have offered anything to the discussion. Typically the type of people that make the effort to join a discussion forum or more savvy, and it's a pretty safe bet that they've already googled their question before going through the much slower process of asking on a discussion forum. Anyways, no big deal, people in the Mazda community got me pointed in the right direction. Sorry if I offended anyone :)

And pin/sticky them to the top

Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

Thanks in advance

Hey, first post today so thanks in advance for the advice and sorry if i missed it some where in the 1000+ comments already up there.

So im wondering out of the people that paid the $445.00, is it worth it? I have a 2016 mazda cx5 with the tech package already installed. I love the idea of a great android on my screen but i am worried about lag, glitching, etc. Does the system run nice?

Thanks in advance

I paid $200 for parts and installed myself. Yes, worth it for AA in my opinion. No lag, glitching, etc. You just have to navigate by command know which is a little painful in waze until you get used to it. Also, you don't get a combination of AA and Connect... if you are in one, you use the features of that one. For example, if like the connect call screen, but you are in AA, when you get a call in, it is handled by AA, not Connect. Or if you like Connect favorites for calls, you have to exit AA to get there.

I paid $200 for parts and installed myself. Yes, worth it for AA in my opinion. No lag, glitching, etc. You just have to navigate by command know which is a little painful in waze until you get used to it. Also, you don't get a combination of AA and Connect... if you are in one, you use the features of that one. For example, if like the connect call screen, but you are in AA, when you get a call in, it is handled by AA, not Connect. Or if you like Connect favorites for calls, you have to exit AA to get there.

Can you navigate with the touch screen while the car is stopped or in park? Or is navigating by commander knob the only option, regardless of the vehicles state?

Even when I use waze on my phone, I always enter my destination before I begin driving, so not having access to the touch screen while moving isn't such a big deal.

Thanks in advance

~$200 from the site below. Many others on the forum have ordered from them without any issues. Very quick shipping, even if you use the cheapest option (USPS priority). I ordered on Tuesday, and it will be arriving today (Friday). They shipped from Virginia, and I live in California.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-smartphone-screen-mirroring-kit-00008fz34

Can you navigate with the touch screen while the car is stopped or in park? Or is navigating by commander knob the only option, regardless of the vehicles state?

Even when I use waze on my phone, I always enter my destination before I begin driving, so not having access to the touch screen while moving isn't such a big deal.
Touch works in park.

~$200 from the site below. Many others on the forum have ordered from them without any issues. Very quick shipping, even if you use the cheapest option (USPS priority). I ordered on Tuesday, and it will be arriving today (Friday). They shipped from Virginia, and I live in California.

https://www.prioritymazdaparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-smartphone-screen-mirroring-kit-00008fz34

I ordered mine from here. $150 plus shipping ( UPS ground) .
https://www.mazdapartstaxi.com/oem-parts/mazda-kit-smartphone-screen-mi-00008fz34?c=az0x

Last edited:
Yup, just tested it in my garage. AA disables touch screen. I am told CarPlay works, but have not bothered to test it.

Yep, I just finished my install and can confirm the touchscreen doesn't work regardless of the car's state. It's mildly disappointing.
Is this how it works for all cars with Android Auto? I wonder why Mazda would disable it for Android Auto, but not Apple Car Play

Yep, I just finished my install and can confirm the touchscreen doesn't work regardless of the car's state. It's mildly disappointing.
Is this how it works for all cars with Android Auto? I wonder why Mazda would disable it for Android Auto, but not Apple Car Play

Other forums say it is Google, not Mazda.

Yea I*m pretty sure that*s how android auto is designed. I*ve seen it mentioned in reviews of other cars.

According to TheStraightPipes, Mazda couldn't figure out how to disable Android Auto's touch screen while the care was in motion, so they just left it disabled all the time. Apparently this wasn't an issue when they implemented Apple Car Play.

Source: https://youtu.be/Soa-5D8AlhY?t=123

I've done some searching online, and the touch screen definitely works for other car manufactures

AA on a ford: https://youtu.be/RlxWfnt-FRE?t=190

Last edited:
I was going to borrow a friends droid to try it on my VW. Should work then. Interesting Mazda cant figure that out. Why not give up on nannying us lol.

Actually, I just read that CP has touch disabled as well. AIO Tweaks will enable it, but it won't fix AA. So still not sure if Mazda or Google is to blame.

https://mazda3revolution.com/forums...aks-firmware-ver-502-read-86.html#post2412981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back