View Poll Results: How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bought my car expecting to get it, will be upset if we don't.

90 35.16%
  • I really want it! However, was not a factor in my purchase.

95 37.11%
  • I'd like to try it, but not must have.

53 20.70%
  • I have zero desire for this technology.

18 7.03%
Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Cancel it dog. Cancel it. Does NOT work with the dock.
    Thanks, i ordered a few days ago. I figure i can use it eventually. Even if it doesn't work with dock. I honestly think the AA headunit guys will port this to AIO and XDA will port Google AA to other phones - so if and when wireless does work, i can put the dock in the center console and use it for charging there.

I had heard the dock only charged and no data, but good to hear you tested it. Still i can plug phone in for AA and dock for charging. Not the worst combo. Better then those that have no dock connector other then usb.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Took the plunge yesterday and did the hack. Not very hard but a few things i noticed:

1. It comes apart easy
    2. Plugging wires into the back is also easy, but the diagrams do have conflicting labels for Rx and Tx
    3. My USB adapter lights up when i pick the correct pins for tx and rx
    4. I had to turn car on to see the data scrollback - if car is off for so many hours the head unit shuts down. Other tutorials must assume car was turned on past few hours
    5. I know linux and putty so running commands was easy
    6. I forgot to reboot unit, so wasn't sure why it wasn't autorunning scripts from USB
    7. Putting it back together was a little trickier. The head unit has a locating dowel on the left that was hard to align.
    8. It takes some time getting used to how the command knobs works in AA and Waze
    9. I installed just "enable touch screen while moving" and AA. I have not checked for compass issue as some have reported, and I am not sure how to use the wifi or ssh defaults it enabled - more to research. Pretty sure I can't use either yet.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

I've posted this in the diesel thread also pertinent in this thread. Mazda Canada advises:

• AA/ACP coming to CX-9 this year, all remaining models early 2019
    • Hardware/software tweaks required for retrospective installation for vehicles that already have MZD connect
    • Pricing not advised yet.

Last edited by Xeler8ing; 04-22-2018 at 02:34 AM.
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeler8ing View Post
    I've posted this in the diesel thread also pertinent in this thread. Mazda Canada advises:

• AA/ACP coming to CX-9 this year, all remaining models early 2019
    • Hardware/software tweaks required for retrospective installation for vehicles that already have MZD connect
    • Pricing not advised yet.

I thought I had read somewhere that Toyota was working on their next generation interface and wondered if Mazda might get that as well since they are family.

Again with the MEH-ZDA. It's not MEHZDA. hate the way some people pronounce it. MAH-ZDA! Nice that someone finally confirmed it is coming to all
    MZD systems.
    Last edited by 7eregrine; 04-22-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puyapim View Post
    I thought I had read somewhere that Toyota was working on their next generation interface and wondered if Mazda might get that as well since they are family.
    Don't know but apparently there will be MZD Connect II
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Heads up - AA/ACP has just been added to Mazda BT-50 ute (pick-up) here in Oz land but based on the information provided, seems to be not off MZD Connect but Alpine Infotainment unit meaning still a while to go before CX-5 gets AA/ACP on MZD Connect:

Mazda BT-50 2018 pricing and specs confirmed

Eyes forward for new-look Mazda BT-50
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Damn Aussies get everything Mazda. Do you have the 6 Wagon there?

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Damn Aussies get everything Mazda. Do you have the 6 Wagon there?
    We do

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

See what Motormouth says, about the Mazda 6 AA (3:54 minute mark):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dqnUzoUOLU

Registered Member

Carless

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    See what Motormouth says, about the Mazda 6 AA (3:54 minute mark):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dqnUzoUOLU
    Theres a video on this topic with the same guy talking to one of the head Mazda Canada marketing people, what he stats in this video is a summary of her words. That first video is more informative.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrow925 View Post
    Theres a video on this topic with the same guy talking to one of the head Mazda Canada marketing people, what he stats in this video is a summary of her words. That first video is more informative.
    See above

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring, Soul Red, Preferred Package

Quote Originally Posted by alphadog00 View Post
    Took the plunge yesterday and did the hack. Not very hard but a few things i noticed:

1. It comes apart easy
    2. Plugging wires into the back is also easy, but the diagrams do have conflicting labels for Rx and Tx
    3. My USB adapter lights up when i pick the correct pins for tx and rx
    4. I had to turn car on to see the data scrollback - if car is off for so many hours the head unit shuts down. Other tutorials must assume car was turned on past few hours
    5. I know linux and putty so running commands was easy
    6. I forgot to reboot unit, so wasn't sure why it wasn't autorunning scripts from USB
    7. Putting it back together was a little trickier. The head unit has a locating dowel on the left that was hard to align.
    8. It takes some time getting used to how the command knobs works in AA and Waze
    9. I installed just "enable touch screen while moving" and AA. I have not checked for compass issue as some have reported, and I am not sure how to use the wifi or ssh defaults it enabled - more to research. Pretty sure I can't use either yet.
    Awesome! Thanks for the report! I ordered the necessary items today from Amazon and plan to attempt this weekend on our 1-day old CX-5 -- despite my wife's pleas not to :-) She's an iPhone user, but I think even she'll be blown away by AA once it's up and running. Right now I'm just plannning to leave an old Android phone in there on some kind of cheap Tello plan or something.

Registered Member

CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by abeln2672 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the report! I ordered the necessary items today from Amazon and plan to attempt this weekend on our 1-day old CX-5 -- despite my wife's pleas not to :-) She's an iPhone user, but I think even she'll be blown away by AA once it's up and running. Right now I'm just plannning to leave an old Android phone in there on some kind of cheap Tello plan or something.
    I'm on your wife's side. Why would you risk voiding your warranty, and breaking your car for a feature that's likely rolling out in a few months? I considered the hack too, but now that Mazda has actually made an official announcement, there's no point. Also, why leave on an old phone in there? Why not just use your everyday device?
    If she's an iPhone user, she'll probably enjoy Apple Car Play more.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

I know I have usually regretted it when doing something like this that where the wife was opposed to. Happy wife happy life as they say.

Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast