New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK there will need to be some hardware changes + cost of adding AA/ACP. I believe that is it at this stage

For those of not interested in Apple Carplay, I wonder if we could have the update for Android Auto but software only without the hardware change?

For those of not interested in Apple Carplay, I wonder if we could have the update for Android Auto but software only without the hardware change?

If I read correctly, some sort of hardware change is needed still for AA

First off, yes, you need to swap out the USB port. Fact: the current port is not strong enough to even keep your phone charged if you are listening to music and using navigation. It will slowly drain.
2nd, even if they could, there's no way they would install ONLY AA or ACP. No car company is going to want to create a secondary used car market where some cars have AA and other have ACP. They must have both.
3rd @ Xeler8ing: Really? That signature? You're going to keep that?

First off, yes, you need to swap out the USB port. Fact: the current port is not strong enough to even keep your phone charged if you are listening to music and using navigation. It will slowly drain.
2nd, even if they could, there's no way they would install ONLY AA or ACP. No car company is going to want to create a secondary used car market where some cars have AA and other have ACP. They must have both.
3rd @ Xeler8ing: Really? That signature? You're going to keep that?

I don't think I'll bother with the AA/Carplay update as I've managed without it until now. I'll wait until I buy my next CX5 and it's there as standard. The updated stronger port will be useful but I won't pay $$$$$ extra as an add on. $500 in the US will probably translate as 600 in the UK.

It's possible Mazda Canada will be the first to announce pricing since they took the lead regarding when it will be available in their range be it new or retrospectively available

I don't think he means it like you think he does. You can only use Apple Maps while ACP is running for example.

I got this reply from Mazda Southern Africa.

We can only expect Apple Car Play for our 7-Gen products, should there be any news of the feature being available in our future vehicle lineup in Southern Africa, we will communicate this via our Social Media.

Any idea what 7-Gen means?

As is the case normally, some countries take a long time to get on the global programme and some never. If that is the case, do you think it would be possible to get this part/kit/software from another market and custom install your CX-5 yourself?

As is the case normally, some countries take a long time to get on the global programme and some never. If that is the case, do you think it would be possible to get this part/kit/software from another market and custom install your CX-5 yourself?
I'd bet money on that being an option.

Never heard of 7-Gen before. You should probably go back ask them what it means

(hmm) - think Mazda should extend this to all 2018 purchases (2, 3, CX-5 & CX-9) around the world:

"While the 2018 Mazda6 is already on sale, Mazda says the Android Auto and Apple CarPlay upgrade will be available starting in June. Those already driving a 2018 Mazda6 Touring or higher will be able to take their sedan to the dealer for a free retrofit."

Source: 2018 Mazda6 is Android Auto and Apple CarPlay FriendlyFinally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back