New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone keeps saying, "It's from a top executive, this is credible".
Let me be clear, top executives do not make major company announcements though some no-name, Australian, car blogging website.

Dont forget this is the only website where you can find this, interesting how you cant find it on any other website. Wouldnt be surprised to see it deleted or modified in 6 months like Mazda did with their Diesel press release. They love to make announcements with no follow-thru(lol2)

As stated before, this is the most information that has been provided by someone with authority in Mazda.

If one doesn't believe then nothing more to see here.

For others, they can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

/End

Last edited:
No. But of it's something that you must have, I wouldn't buy Mazda.

Count me among those who heard from a Mazda salesman that these technologies are coming via some future update available to all Mazda Connect vehicles. I hadn't read anything about it, but I still took that with a grain of salt.

Frankly, we counted the CX-5's native navigation and calling/text support as a positive mark vs. the carplay-only Santa Fe Sport we were considering.

Twelve hours after purchase, my wife is happy with what she's got in the Mazda, and I'm ambivalent on the topic. I drive a 2010 truck with no screen or smartphone integration at all.

I bought my 2017 cx-5 3 weeks before the 2018's came out. I had some sense the 17's were released late in the year, so I asked the salesman what would be different about the 18's and what about aa? He said only this difference would be a diesel version and Android Auto would be available 1st qtr of 2018. I was played. At any rate I love the Mazda and tech wise it's a huge improvement over my 2014 Mercedes-Benz E550 coupe. Loved the Harmon Kardan stereo, but the rest of the tech sucked.

I love my 2017 CX-5 GT and my sole decision to buy of course was not AA. However it really chaffs my tookus when the sales person lied straight to my face and said it will be a free upgrade in the next couple of months. That was 8 months ago.

Looked him straight in the face and said Ive been around the block a couple of times and I read the boards. Suddenly he is giving me a sheepish look and studying something very intently on his shoes.

If I was a betting man I would say AA 2020 and it will not be retrofitted.

I don't understand, why it is so hard to add this thing? It is just software. It is not like adding a new hood with scoops, a supercharger and a side exhaust, type of modification, it is just software.
Most of the other manufacturer has added it, why it takes so long for Mazda, to add this feature? I don't even have the Connect radio.

I don't understand, why it is so hard to add this thing? It is just software. It is not like adding a new hood with scoops, a supercharger and a side exhaust, type of modification, it is just software.
Most of the other manufacturer has added it, why it takes so long for Mazda, to add this feature? I don't even have the Connect radio.

Maybe issues with MZD +ACP/AA (uhm)

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

I found this comic posted by fexon says the best:

A day in Mazda's Boardroom Meeting

20pg04.jpg

I found this comic posted by fexon says the best:

A day in Mazda's Boardroom Meeting

20pg04.jpg

Really funny but true!

I think Mazda has abandoned the CarPlay / AA option and things seem to point to a Toyota system with their announced alliance.

The saddest part is Mazda allowing all the confusion and half baked answers from their reps and car salesmen without an official statement from headquarters. But confusion is working on their favor as people have false expectations and keep buying cars with false hopes.

There is a lack of transparency from this company. All I wish is that we would get an official statement from Mazda regarding this issue. That way we can make educated decisions.

According to this unscientific poll, as of now, 27% of Mazda sales bought cars based on false expectations; including me.

Last edited:
What makes you think a software change is easier than adding scoops to the hood?

I tried out AIO and so far it's been pretty awesome. I did unseat the internal SD navigation card and it works MUCH faster.

Voice commands are great! (Hey Google, navigate me to the nearest Zaxby's!)
I like that I can pick Google Maps or Waze and have full traffic info

Dislikes:
Could be me but I can't cancel navigation address without using touch screen.
Asking google assistant to play song tries to go online to get it and won't play local list. (I could be doing it wrong tho).
Background is not customizable.
How do I recenter map without using touch screen?

Overall for my needs I give it a B. It's great in Atlanta roads and traffic but the experience could use a little polish.
Would be nice if it's tied to the HUD but for independent developers this was a awesome achievement by itself!

As someone whose career includes huge-scale decentralized software deployment for some big players in the medical industry, it's not always as easy as you make it out to be. In fact it can get incredibly complex, requiring lots of planning, engineering, and architecting (not a word, I know) to make it happen. And lots and lots of sleepless nights and working weekends.

It sucked ass and I'm glad I don't do that anymore.

Not saying that's what is holding Mazda back, as this is an entirely different type of situation, but just throwing that out there.

Last edited:
I tried out AIO and so far it's been pretty awesome. I did unseat the internal SD navigation card and it works MUCH faster.

Dislikes:
Asking google assistant to play song tries to go online to get it and won't play local list. (I could be doing it wrong tho).

Overall for my needs I give it a B. It's great in Atlanta roads and traffic but the experience could use a little polish.
Would be nice if it's tied to the HUD but for independent developers this was a awesome achievement by itself!

I guess you had an older version of MazdaConnect? My car came with the latest and I can't even enable nav while driving

Dislikes:

So are you using Android Auto for these features? And...stupid question alert...I assume you can't use these features if you have an iPhone, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back