New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's new stuff there. They barely said anything at the event.

That's because they couldn't at that time. Having new information (for you guys) is great.

No information for us here in Oz land though (have spoken to Mazda Australia and they are working with Google & Apple) :(

I know. SJtilney said nothing new here. There's quite a bit on the usability of it that's all new.

You just pay for the feature when you buy the car. One time

maybe they have changed their mind....

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ne...nology-subscription-service-article-1.3764347

In a decision thats sure to leave plenty of car buyers confused, BMW is changing Apple CarPlay infotainment support from a $300 option to an annual subscription service in its vehicles.

The popular feature will no longer be available for a one-time fee, but will now instead require users to pay an annual fee of $80 after a first year free of charge.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ne...nology-subscription-service-article-1.3764347

In a decision that’s sure to leave plenty of car buyers confused, BMW is changing Apple CarPlay infotainment support from a $300 option to an annual subscription service in its vehicles.

The popular feature will no longer be available for a one-time fee, but will now instead require users to pay an annual fee of $80 after a first year free of charge.

Dunno if Mazda would do this here in Oz land as their customer base here wealth wise is different to BMW customers

In a decision that’s sure to leave plenty of car buyers confused, BMW is changing Apple CarPlay infotainment support from a $300 option to an annual subscription service in its vehicles.

They are trying to make up for lost Nav revenue. I would not pay it, but I am generally opposed to the ever increasing monthly service fees for the simplest things. BWM wants a yearly fee to turn something on. There is no data update like nav maps, or assistance like onstar. So many good car choices, it will be interesting to see how consumers react.

So Mazda doesnt own AA/ACP. They have to pay a license for it. This cost gets sent back to the customer. Also its suspected new hardware has to be installed, specifically higher amp USB ports. Not free again. Not sure why people think its easy for them to just make it free.

I purchased my Mercedes partially based on the Apple CarPlay feature. Apple has required that no other device works on the infotainment system, as soon as I plug my iPhone into the system, Apple CarPlay turns off my iPod music. Waze does not work from iPhone to the system. Apple map takes over the navigation screen. Unless Apple starts to share space with car manufacturers and Google, Apple CarPlay is not worth the extra cost.

So Mazda doesn’t own AA/ACP. They have to pay a license for it. This cost gets sent back to the customer. Also it’s suspected new hardware has to be installed, specifically higher amp USB ports. Not free again. Not sure why people think it’s easy for them to just make it free.
There are no licensing fees.

So Mazda doesn’t own AA/ACP. They have to pay a license for it. This cost gets sent back to the customer. Also it’s suspected new hardware has to be installed, specifically higher amp USB ports. Not free again. Not sure why people think it’s easy for them to just make it free.

The higher amp usb ports not being present is more about conforming to an older spec and less about cost. Moving from 500ma to 1.5A cost is negligible if there is any hardware difference - for all we know the connecting wires and resistors are capable. Consumers dont pay extra for computers with higher amp ports, so it shouldn’t cost car makers extra.

And i don’t know that AA or ACP require higher amp ports as part of their licensing.

Using waze with AA on my Mazda system, i see a net positive battery charge. The screen is offa d the 500ma port keeps up with my phone’s discharge.

Apple has some hardware chip and that may incur a cost, but it should be one time. Like buying a speaker dock for phone or ipod; the yearly charges are BS.

I purchased my Mercedes partially based on the Apple CarPlay feature. Apple has required that no other device works on the infotainment system, as soon as I plug my iPhone into the system, Apple CarPlay turns off my iPod music. Waze does not work from iPhone to the system. Apple map takes over the navigation screen. Unless Apple starts to share space with car manufacturers and Google, Apple CarPlay is not worth the extra cost.
Hey there's the Apple I know and hate. ;)

I use AA, with my Note 8 and it is charged by the Ottie fast wireless charger and it keeps up with charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back