Infotainment NAV Voice

:
2017 MAZDA CX-5 GT
Maybe I'm missing something here...

Is there a way to turn off the voiceover when the NAV speaks directions over the music?

I turned the voice volume down in the settings, but it still lowers the music volume when it's triggered, resulting in dead silence for a brief moment.

Two ways of doing this:

1) Go into Settings from the Nav screen (Cog on bottom right) Go to Guidance settings, toggle up to volume setting at the top and set to as low as possible. It isn't an easy operation though as is very hit and miss.

2) This one is easier when driving; as she gives an announcement rotate the volume on the centre console all to way back to silent. This will not effect your music volume provided you do this whilst she is speaking. However when done you cannot reinstate the voice on this method, has to be done using method 1 above.

To be honest the set-up to me is dreadful. One voice only, although she is polite. No mute operation on announcements by the touch of a button unlike TomTom which as simple to do speeding and camera warnings are disabled when her voice is turned down/off.

I wish you could turn the music off rather than simply mute, as by muting the sound the USB or CD continues to play silently in the background.

Live traffic - it isn't live or real-time, it is historical and invariably out of date plus setting your phone as a mobile hot-spot prior to your journey is a pain. Plus I wish I could disable that stupid warning that comes up!

Hope the above hints help.

Alex

Two ways of doing this:

1) Go into Settings from the Nav screen (Cog on bottom right) Go to Guidance settings, toggle up to volume setting at the top and set to as low as possible. It isn't an easy operation though as is very hit and miss.

2) This one is easier when driving; as she gives an announcement rotate the volume on the centre console all to way back to silent. This will not effect your music volume provided you do this whilst she is speaking. However when done you cannot reinstate the voice on this method, has to be done using method 1 above.

To be honest the set-up to me is dreadful. One voice only, although she is polite. No mute operation on announcements by the touch of a button unlike TomTom which as simple to do speeding and camera warnings are disabled when her voice is turned down/off.

I wish you could turn the music off rather than simply mute, as by muting the sound the USB or CD continues to play silently in the background.

Live traffic - it isn't live or real-time, it is historical and invariably out of date plus setting your phone as a mobile hot-spot prior to your journey is a pain. Plus I wish I could disable that stupid warning that comes up!

Hope the above hints help.

Alex

I really don't know what Mazda was thinking in the way they implemented this system. The Nav voice only comes out of the driver's dash speaker at the volume that has been set. So if you have your music cranked but the Nav voice turned down, you're not going to hear it at all! Stupid really. VW's system is way better as it mutes all of the speakers so that the driver can hear the instructions.

I'm a new owner to a -17 CX-5. Love the car but can't stand how the nav voice mute the speakers. It sounds terrible.
Is there a solution for this? Only visual guidance should be fine for me, but there is no such option.
Same goes with the calls, the sound only comes from the driver side speaker = no good sound.

As I said, love the car but it has some annoying features like this.

I'm a new owner to a -17 CX-5. Love the car but can't stand how the nav voice mute the speakers. It sounds terrible.
Is there a solution for this? Only visual guidance should be fine for me, but there is no such option.
Same goes with the calls, the sound only comes from the driver side speaker = no good sound.

As I said, love the car but it has some annoying features like this.

Only if you turn the nav volume down to nothing. Can be done two ways, either from the screen which is not easy when driving; or whilst she is giving instructions wind the volume knob back very quickly and the display line should go to zero. Then you'll find no more announcements and no loss of music volume either.

Back