Recall! Mazda6 2015

aussiemano9

:
2015 Mazda6 Sport Grey
I just got a recall notice and thought I would share so everyone can check their car!

It claims 2014-2016 Mazda3 produced from January 6, 2014 - September 2, 2016 AND 2014-2015 Mazda6 produced from October 25, 2012 - December 1, 2014.

REAR PARKING BRAKE CONCERN

Safety Risk: If the vehicle continues to be used with such condition, the rust may progress, increasing the sliding resistance of the actuator shaft. In extreme cases, the rusted actuator shaft may get stuck in the brake caliper body, causing brake dragging while driving and decreasing the parking brake holding force, which may result in unexpected movement of vehicle if parked on a slope, increasing the risk of a collision.

Your Mazda dealer will check the parking brake actuator shafts inside the left and right rear brake calipers. If the actuator shaft is found to be rusted, the brake caliper assembly will be replaced with a modified one. If no rust is found on the actuator shaft, the protective boot will be replaced with a modified one. The inspection and repair will be performed at no cost to you.

I got a '14 Mazda3 produced in Oct 2013, and a '16 Mazda6. Both are not within the ranges. Lucky this time. Recalls show Mazda taking responsibility.

When I owned a '98 BMW 540iA, it had so many issues with cooling... yet, BMW issued no recall at all.

Back