2017 CX-5 Auto start

Hi, I also have the Idatalink system. Yes there is a small antenna on top of windshield. But quite small.

I have a question about this system : mine doesnt work with 3 lock push button on OEM key even if wrote as function available on manuel and model I use.
Is it a mistake of programming by the guys who installed it ? Do I need to go back to see him ?
I didn't spend time on this issue because during summer I don't really need it so I don't keep with me remote key of Idatalink system. And is it really good to use OEM key : no feedback (two way) that 's engine started and range of OEM key is'nt good as the key of Idatalink system. The Idatalink key isn't so big to add with OEM key.

Another question : do you know if we can program on function 1/2/3 of Idatalink remote windshield defrost back and front, heated stearing or seat ?

Thanks, would it be possible for you to take a pic of the antenna?

Thanks, would it be possible for you to take a pic of the antenna?
My guess is iDatalink remote start systems installed on dillion42189s and Sergemazdas are different. dillion42189s uses factory key fob hence theres no additional antenna required. You should inquire this question to iDatalink directly.

12137.jpg

I also had installed the Idatalink HC2352AC starter. My installer setup the OEM remote to start the car with lock-unlock-lock sequence so I don't hear the car horn after the 2nd click. In addition for an extra $50 he installed a relay which automatically turns on the car defroster with the starter.

Where did you guys buy this thing? I can't find the iDatalink HC2352AC anywhere online.

I email the copustar rep and they discontinued the HC2352AC

the new version of the HC2352AC is the Compustar FT-DC3-LC you can get a wireing harness so it’s plug and play.

the new version of the HC2352AC is the Compustar FT-DC3-LC you can get a wireing harness so it’s plug and play.

I can't find that one either lol...

thanks for the info.

Yeah I just recently had the FT-DC3 installed. The dealer has them but I guess they would of course want to install it then. I think I saw the DC3 on amazon.

let us know how it goes, and how long it took, cost, etc.. Also looking at the "Dronemobile" option to go with it.

i had the dronemobile installed on mine at bestbuy. they had a deal, $449 installed. it took the guy less than 2 hours. the engine stays running when you unlock it and get in after remote starting it, you have to close the door and tap the brake pedal within 45 seconds for the "takeover". he did not hook up the 2 aux options, im going to call and see if they can be used for the front and rear defrost. the basic plan can be bought in yearly plans which is a lot cheaper than going monthly.

1 year $59.99
2 years $99.99
3 years $129.99

edit: here is the deal.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dronem...ion/9999277000050003.p?skuId=9999277000050003

is that price $449.00 for the Main module, dronemobile, wiring harness & Install?

is that price $449.00 for the Main module, dronemobile, wiring harness & Install?

yes, everything needed for install including labor. i bought it online and brought the box they shipped to my install appt and gave him the receipt and wasnt charged anything extra. depending on what you want to use the aux inputs for it may need some additional parts, but none were needed for the basic install on mine, not even a hood switch. the factory one works with this unit.

let us know how it goes, and how long it took, cost, etc.. Also looking at the "Dronemobile" option to go with it.

Had mine installed yesterday at Lee's Electronics in East Brunswick, NJ ... took him a little over an hour. $399 installed. He offered the Drone mobile for another $125 but I declined. I would do it if there were no monthly fee.

EDIT: I mean he offered drone mobile for $125 installed if I wanted it later. I'm not sure what he would have charged me if I did it on the spot.

Unrelated to this thread, directly anyways. My son just bought a brand new Rogue with remote start. He can use his Amazon Alexa to start the car and adjust the climate controls. Sweet!

Alexa, start the Rogue and set the temp to 73.

Had mine installed yesterday at Lee's Electronics in East Brunswick, NJ ... took him a little over an hour. $399 installed. He offered the Drone mobile for another $125 but I declined. I would do it if there were no monthly fee.

EDIT: I mean he offered drone mobile for $125 installed if I wanted it later. I'm not sure what he would have charged me if I did it on the spot.

Thanks for the update... That's a good deal.. Do you have the X3 lock to start? or another FOB..? I don't want another FOB, this is why I'm looking at the drone. The monthly is okay, if you do the 3 years prepay, its about 3.00 per month, Plus with the drone has the antenna within the unit, so not extra antenna for second remote fob.

Congratulations on the remote start..

Some updates regarding my dealer installed remote start (still no idea which model it is).
I asked the dealer about the available remote start options for my 2017 cx 5 when buying the car. Ended up getting the system that integrates with the existing fob, three presses on the lock button start the car. At first was really disappointed with the fact that it always turns off once I enter the car and press the brake.
6 months later, some cold weather, and frequent use of the system, I finally found out that I could start driving without having to restart the car.
I press the start button, wait until the red light indicating no fob is not present flashes and then press the start button again, the car doesn't turn off. I can shift to drive and go on my way.
Really excited about this finding.

I know many people had an issue with that. Hope the info will be valuable for some.

Back