2017 CX-5 Auto start

dillion42189

:
2017 CX5 GT Premium
Ive ran multiple searches and cannot find what im looking for. I'm trying to find a remote start system that uses my factory lock button to initiate the remote start. Fortin.ca website has a new listing for this functionality INCLUDING take over feature. Takeover allows the vehicle to remain running when door is opened (with key present).

Any other options out there? I cannot find any distributors that have this system out there. I am not interested in having a second key fob, nor am i interested in Mazda's archaic mobile app.

My Mazda dealer installed a remote start system that uses the original fobs, and doesn't turn off the engine when I open the door (it does turn it off when I press the brake :/)

My Mazda dealer installed a remote start system that uses the original fobs, and doesn't turn off the engine when I open the door (it does turn it off when I press the brake :/)

Thanks for the info. I guess you dont know which brand they used?

Look at iDatalink. I have a 2014 and have the HC2352AC installed. It enables the OEM Fob to start the car with lock 3X's. The module also has secure takeover, so if you have the OEM Fob with you when you press on the brake it doesn't shut off the car.

Look at iDatalink. I have a 2014 and have the HC2352AC installed. It enables the OEM Fob to start the car with lock 3X's. The module also has secure takeover, so if you have the OEM Fob with you when you press on the brake it doesn't shut off the car.

Exactly what I was looking for. Found a local guy who installs and was very helpful on the phone. $399 installed and done in 4 hours.
Much appreciated!

Exactly what I was looking for. Found a local guy who installs and was very helpful on the phone. $399 installed and done in 4 hours.
Much appreciated!

Pretty good deal! Especially being a 2 way system and they're installing the feature to allow OEM key fob use. I had some shop try to add an extra $100 to activate that feature. But I basically want the setup you have in my 16 and for that price.

Pretty good deal! Especially being a 2 way system and they're installing the feature to allow OEM key fob use. I had some shop try to add an extra $100 to activate that feature. But I basically want the setup you have in my 16 and for that price.

Yup i think $400 sounded pretty damn fair to me. He also told me when my lease is up, i can pull the unit and just buy a new vehicle harness, have it re flashed and save over a hundred bucks.

Mazda North American Operations should sign a contract with iDatalink to provide this excellent remote start kit as dealer-installed Mazda genuine accessary! This's a much better system than their current RES with telescopic antenna on dedicated additional fobs!

Mazda North American Operations should sign a contract with iDatalink to provide this excellent remote start kit as dealer-installed Mazda genuine accessary! This's a much better system than their current RES with telescopic antenna on dedicated additional fobs!

In my opinion, the current Mazda offerings weren't even an option in my book.

Yup i think $400 sounded pretty damn fair to me. He also told me when my lease is up, i can pull the unit and just buy a new vehicle harness, have it re flashed and save over a hundred bucks.

Wow that is pretty awesome. Keep us updated on when its finished. I would like to hear how it turns out and operates. Also, is this shop in northern or southern Jersey(what's the shops name)? I live in NE Maryland and don't mind driving a little to get a great system installed the correct and ideal way.

Wow that is pretty awesome. Keep us updated on when its finished. I would like to hear how it turns out and operates. Also, is this shop in northern or southern Jersey(what's the shops name)? I live in NE Maryland and don't mind driving a little to get a great system installed the correct and ideal way.
I will keep you updated. I was planning. On going 2 hours north to a shop I confirmed could install. I'm glad I found this one though, it's 10 min from me.

Lee's Electronics
545 State Route 18
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
(732) 455-9720
http://www.leeselectronics.com/contact/

I had this same issue when i first got the CX5, i brought it back to the dealership for reprogram and now it doesn't shut off when i press the brake anymore!!!!

Looked at this one, can't find an installer here.. it said if you get the wiring harnesses it's a plug and play.

Interesting in your results "dillion42189"

Had the idatalink system installed. Works flawlessly. 3 clicks of the lock button and it runs for 25 minutes. It has a few different options for run time, how long it runs after a door is opened which are all adjustable by the installer. He even noted, since the car is a lease, when we turn the car in, he can remove the system (plug and play) and purchase a harness for the new vehicle. Overall very happy. $399.00 installed.

Had the idatalink system installed. Works flawlessly. 3 clicks of the lock button and it runs for 25 minutes. It has a few different options for run time, how long it runs after a door is opened which are all adjustable by the installer. He even noted, since the car is a lease, when we turn the car in, he can remove the system (plug and play) and purchase a harness for the new vehicle. Overall very happy. $399.00 installed.

With this system do they have to stick any type of receiver antenna on your windshield or anything inside for transmitting? Or is it just a plug and play modual under the dash?

Hi, I also have the Idatalink system. Yes there is a small antenna on top of windshield. But quite small.

I have a question about this system : mine doesnt work with 3 lock push button on OEM key even if wrote as function available on manuel and model I use.
Is it a mistake of programming by the guys who installed it ? Do I need to go back to see him ?
I didn't spend time on this issue because during summer I don't really need it so I don't keep with me remote key of Idatalink system. And is it really good to use OEM key : no feedback (two way) that 's engine started and range of OEM key is'nt good as the key of Idatalink system. The Idatalink key isn't so big to add with OEM key.

Another question : do you know if we can program on function 1/2/3 of Idatalink remote windshield defrost back and front, heated stearing or seat ?

Hi, I also have the Idatalink system. Yes there is a small antenna on top of windshield. But quite small.

I have a question about this system : mine doesnt work with 3 lock push button on OEM key even if wrote as function available on manuel and model I use.
Is it a mistake of programming by the guys who installed it ? Do I need to go back to see him ?
I didn't spend time on this issue because during summer I don't really need it so I don't keep with me remote key of Idatalink system. And is it really good to use OEM key : no feedback (two way) that 's engine started and range of OEM key is'nt good as the key of Idatalink system. The Idatalink key isn't so big to add with OEM key.

Another question : do you know if we can program on function 1/2/3 of Idatalink remote windshield defrost back and front, heated stearing or seat ?

I recently had a remote start installed(trying to remember the make and model), but works very similarly. In fact I had the guys set it up to where you hit lock-unlock-lock and it starts. Car starts up, all OEM locking functions still work.

Again, I am trying to figure out my model but with my model they could program it to where the rear defrost comes on every time. I didn't want every time. So instead they installed a $50 temperature sensor so that when the inside car temp drops below 42F, the rear defrost automatically comes on. Luckily for the seats, they stay on even when the car is turned off so in the winter they are on all the time and come on when the car is remotely started.

Thanks for your reply.
I tried lock unlock lock but still not working.
I will verify that with the guy who installed it during oil change and inspection to come soon. I will verify with him too about defrost system.

Back