Failed Fuel Injector. Looking for exact fuel injector specs (ohm measurements)

texas_cx9

:
CX-9
So my 2009 CX-9 Grand Touring with 106k miles finally went into limp mode after all these years (it has been great, so I can't complain). Check engine light went on, loss of power. Read the codes, got P0204 and p0304. Tested ohm's on injector #4 on the passenger front and it is dead. So the problem is clear. I had to order a replacement with Mazda and getting it tomorrow. I am going to take everything apart today. But I wanted to know the exact ohm specs for these so I can test the others. I tested one next to it and got 12.9 ohms (generally I hear you want between 17 and 10, but I really want the factory specs).

Also any tips on reducing the fuel pressure on the rail before I pull it and avoid the mess would be helpful.

Also I am replacing spark plugs while I am in there and also replacing the boots on the coils (all of this is cheap and easy to deal with).

Thanks.

I was able to test all the injectors today. I have one at 0 which is why I got the po204, but the others are all 12.3 to 12.6 cold. So without the exact specs I guess based on consistency they seem OK.

As a follow up for perhaps others to reference, I tested the new injector and it tested at 12.8 ohms.

So in my case, the rest of the injectors are close enough to keep.

Replaced injector #4 (had to special order it from Mazda) and things are running good again.

I also replaced the boots to all coils, and replaced the spark plugs since most of the work was getting the intake off. The gap was like over .080 at 106k miles, so much for saying they are good for 100k per the owners manual. I was having some winter time pre-ignition (started to use mid grade) during warm up cycle only. I am certain it was the spark plug gap getting bigger. I mean it went from spec at .051 to over .080 in 100k. This puts stress on the coils, harness, and some say the injectors and PCM for this model (look this up for the Ford Edge which is basically the same engine). I do not do any special driving or hard use of the car. I think they really only last 60k, but I was trusting the owners manual. They should correct that. If you are having any cold weather detonation, I would say check/change the plugs.

Back