How to turn screen off on 2017 CX 5

:
2019 Mazda CX5 GT
How to turn screen off while vehicle moving

Hi,

I've searched around the forum and couldnt find similar post. Apology if there's similar topic already.

When driving specially at night, I find the screen too bright so I prefer to tun it off but I always realized it when already moving and on the highway. As you know the display is disable when the vehicle is running (for safety) but that means I have to stop on the highway shoulder (not safe) just to turn this off.

2017 CX5 GT

Last edited:
Hi,

I've searched around the forum and couldnt find similar post. Apology if there's similar topic already.

When driving specially at night, I find the screen too bright so I prefer to tun it off but I always realized it when already moving and on the highway. As you know the display is disable when the vehicle is running (for safety) but that means I have to stop on the highway shoulder (not safe) just to turn this off.

I like to just take the screen out of DAY mode instead, using the Dimmer knob.

There is a knob protruding from your instrument cluster.
It is a brightness dial.
Turn the dial to adjust the Infotainment screen out of the bright mode.

I like to just take the screen out of DAY mode instead, using the Dimmer knob.

There is a knob protruding from your instrument cluster.
It is a brightness dial.
Turn the dial to adjust the Infotainment screen out of the bright mode.
The odometer button turns?

Hi,

Capture.jpg

The thing I like about the knob is you don't even have to look. Although I didn't realise you could voice it too.

Correct. All the way right = Settings. Click = It will go to Display. The first setting is shut screen off. So, spin right click, click.

Correct. All the way right = Settings. Click = It will go to Display. The first setting is shut screen off. So, spin right click, click.

We have different setup.
On mine, the first tab is the AD-Display, second tab is the Display - you could turn the knob but you can't select it when the vehicle is moving.

36630647192_0cff28c909_k.jpg
[/url]20170825_120536 by Jun Amuan, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ono. My bad. That's how it works on 16. Because we have no HUD, Turn Display Off is the first option. I thought they did it that to make it easy (spin, click, click) but apparently just a fluke as they moved it on 17?

Back