Noises from left rear

:
2009 Mazda 5 Sport
First noise I can only hear it at lower speeds. Very noticeable around 10-20 MPH. Like a rubbing of some sort

Second one is a ting when going over bumps. I can hear it when I press on the bumper on that side

I replaced my rear shocks a couple months ago for reference

When digging around, I noticed the right side has a mud flap that the left one doesn't. Curious if anyone can look at their second gen 5 and tell me if there should be a mud flap there or not. See pic below

Any ideas before I go tearing stuff apart?

20170823_133038.jpg

Just a follow up, it was the nut on the top of the shock's piston that had come loose. You can remove the rear cup holder for access but the 12mm nut that came with the KYB shocks doesn't seem to fit any of the specialty tools out there

Just a follow up, it was the nut on the top of the shock's piston that had come loose. You can remove the rear cup holder for access but the 12mm nut that came with the KYB shocks doesn't seem to fit any of the specialty tools out there

I'm going to check mine. I know the noise I'm hearing is the shock on the rear pass side. But I know I locktited it. We'll see.

Yep, same thing, only right rear. Went thru the cup holder. I bounced the rear bumper and saw the nut going up and down. I really did think I locktited it. Well I did now, luckily I caught it before my threads were worn. Thanks Swenny!!

Back