Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone Here Get Their 2.5T Tuned Yet?

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Gatuno View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am ordering the front kit , 380mm slotted floating , with street pads. I have been recommended to use sport pads to be on the safe side on not getting any fade. seems the customer service is great, I have sent several questions and they were answered precisely and fast . itll be a few weeks for them to arrive to peru and have them installed, any body knows if changing the front brakes will void the warranty of the car? or just the brakes?
    Please keep us updated on how they fit and work once you get them. Very very curious and interested in this upgrade.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post

That said, some users here have stated that one of the 2nd gen CX-9's weak points is the brake performance (when pushing the CX-9 around canyons/mountains). PBbrakes.com is one option.

What do we know about PB Brakes? Are they a well established company with a good track record with brake products? Do they make brake systems for other cars? How long in business? How easy is to find spare parts in the USA?

I am all about trying new, cool technology in my car, but brakes is one area where i don't want to take a chance with some no-name manufacturer. (I am not saying PB is one of them, i just don't know them)
    An unexpected brake caliper failure on a 4500 lbs SUV can be deadly. No joke.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by danmm7 View Post
    What do we know about PB Brakes? Are they a well established company with a good track record with brake products? Do they make brake systems for other cars? How long in business? How easy is to find spare parts in the USA?

I am all about trying new, cool technology in my car, but brakes is one area where i don't want to take a chance with some no-name manufacturer. (I am not saying PB is one of them, i just don't know them)
    An unexpected brake caliper failure on a 4500 lbs SUV can be deadly. No joke.
    You can go to pbbrakes.com and have a look for yourself, I'm sure the info is on the website. I just provided the only option I could find. I'm not about to do an in-depth review analyzing a company and the BBKs they produce, with no intention of purchasing from them at the moment. I expect that anyone interested would do their own legwork and research the product thoroughly before committing to a purchase.

PBbrakes.com has also been mentioned in the CX-9 forum before.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    You can go to pbbrakes.com and have a look for yourself, I'm sure the info is on the website. I just provided the only option I could find. I'm not about to do an in-depth review analyzing a company and the BBKs they produce, with no intention of purchasing from them at the moment. I expect that anyone interested would do their own legwork and research the product thoroughly before committing to a purchase.

PBbrakes.com has also been mentioned in the CX-9 forum before.
    My questions were more general and not pointed at you, sm1ke. I was curious if anyone here has any previous dealings with this company.

I did do some quick research on PB and I got to tell you, based on feedback from other forums (Porsche, Audi, BMW).... the reviews are very good. These guys seem solid with good products and customer service. I am starting to feel better about them.

Bumping this thread to get some feedback!

Gatuno, did you ever purchase and install the front BBK from PBbrakes.com? How does the car feel now?

Also, is anyone running a stable tune on their 2016+ CX-9 yet?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2016 Mazda CX-9

I'm also curious.. is anyone running a stable tune on their 2016+ CX-9 yet?

Registered Member

2005 Mazda3

Hopefully the 2.5 Liter turbo is adopted into the new Mazda3 at some point... if it is, then I think we'll be seeing the flood gates of tuners coming in.

Tuning companies usually ask themselves before they spend time and money, "is there a market for the product?" With the 2.5T in 2 SUV's and their "family sedan", tuning companies would easily hesitate to invest in a tune for 2.5T... however, the Mazda3 is key here... even though Mazda is trying to get away from the "boy racer" image it once had, that won't stop the fans of the mazda3 from trying.

Another thing is, try finding a decent tuning company, and how about all of us who are interested keep emailing/contacting them about releasing a tune for the Mazda 2.5 Turbo, at least get their attention to know that there's some willing customers out there. I've seen tides turn because customers expressed an overwhelming interest in something that the companies did not consider.

And yes I agree, the 2.5T could use a nice tune, a well done tune that enhances the performance across the board on the power band(especially on the top end of the range to make it more linear) while maintaining MPG's, increasing refinement, etc...while not compromising reliability, it can be done, look at APR's work from the past. The CX-9 as well as any current Mazda vehicle using the 2.5 Turbo could greatly benefit from more power, the CX-9's 0-60 time is average at best, while the rest of the vehicle feels rather premium, it could use extra power to match the package, knock it down a full second (0-60mph in the low 6's) and we'll get the car we all wanted but didn't have.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2015

Quote Originally Posted by 2005mazda View Post
    Hopefully the 2.5 Liter turbo is adopted into the new Mazda3 at some point... if it is, then I think we'll be seeing the flood gates of tuners coming in.

Tuning companies usually ask themselves before they spend time and money, "is there a market for the product?" With the 2.5T in 2 SUV's and their "family sedan", tuning companies would easily hesitate to invest in a tune for 2.5T... however, the Mazda3 is key here... even though Mazda is trying to get away from the "boy racer" image it once had, that won't stop the fans of the mazda3 from trying.

Another thing is, try finding a decent tuning company, and how about all of us who are interested keep emailing/contacting them about releasing a tune for the Mazda 2.5 Turbo, at least get their attention to know that there's some willing customers out there. I've seen tides turn because customers expressed an overwhelming interest in something that the companies did not consider.

And yes I agree, the 2.5T could use a nice tune, a well done tune that enhances the performance across the board on the power band(especially on the top end of the range to make it more linear) while maintaining MPG's, increasing refinement, etc...while not compromising reliability, it can be done, look at APR's work from the past. The CX-9 as well as any current Mazda vehicle using the 2.5 Turbo could greatly benefit from more power, the CX-9's 0-60 time is average at best, while the rest of the vehicle feels rather premium, it could use extra power to match the package, knock it down a full second (0-60mph in the low 6's) and we'll get the car we all wanted but didn't have.
    To add with the engine tune is an AWD that kicks in during hard acceleration to reduce that torque steer and extend the life of the front drive train.

Currently the only tuners available (as far as I know) are Orange Virus (all Mazda tunes handled remotely by OV Philippines) and DRTuned (also remote tuning) in Canada.

I would love to have a CX-9 that could run a 6.0 second 0-60. That's all I'd really need for performance, anything more than that is just icing on the cake.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345