2016 model observations, need opinions

yupitsme

:
2017 CX-9 Sig
I was checking out a few 2016 signature models at some area dealerships. A few observations and needed your opinions...
1. Noticed a rusted connection near the right lower section of the engine bay.. See the picture. Asked the sales guy about it, as expected, he claimed ignorance and said will check with the service folks.. Saw this on two different 2016 vehicles. Anyone noticed it in yours?
2. The front logo is all plastic and appears to be the first point of contact if someone backs at the vehicle or if you accidentally get too close to some wall or object in the front.. No protection and looks like can break easily. I suspect will be an expensive replacement if breaks as all the good sensors are under it?
3. Original tires seem to be making whoosh whoosh noise when slowing down. The vehicle had about 19k miles.

Besides those things, loved both the cars.
Let me know what you all think.

Thanks
Deen

Attached the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20170822_191946-02.jpeg
    IMG_20170822_191946-02.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Asked the sales guy about it, as expected, he claimed ignorance
You found a truthful salesman!

Yeah, the radar unit is under the front emblem. Possible problem.

No noises from my OE Falken tires. Could the noise be from the brakes, maybe need cleaning. (The discs get pad material deposited on them in a layer too thin to see. If this layer is uneven, uneven braking or maybe noise can result. A DIY solution is to clean the discs and pads with sandpaper & brake solvent. For a car to be bought, that is a repair item before purchase. There's likely no safety problem, just the noise and maybe future brake judder--the misnamed warped rotors.)

so i have been driving around a few dealerships to get a good deal on the cx9 sig...and i have opened up the hood to check out the rusted part. I saw the rusted part on all vehicles including the ones that had almost 0 miles on them..
you guys not concerned about the rusted part??

so i have been driving around a few dealerships to get a good deal on the cx9 sig...and i have opened up the hood to check out the rusted part. I saw the rusted part on all vehicles including the ones that had almost 0 miles on them..
you guys not concerned about the rusted part??

If you are really concerned you could rub some oil or grease on it.

The tire noise would worry me. I think tires are regional thing where different brands cover different areas. I've heard of several brands on these things already. The rust thing and emblem thing would not worry me. It would be better if they recessed the sensor, but how often does one hit things with the front of one's car really.

Back