2017 CX5 suspension noise driving over speed bumps and driveway

XYR03

:
2017 CX5, 2015 981S
When going over any raised surface when the suspension is compressed, my car makes noises which sounds like the suspension being compressed up and shifting. Sometimes it's the rear and sometimes its the front depending road conditions. Does anyone else have the same experience in their CX5?

When going over any raised surface when the suspension is compressed, my car makes noises which sounds like the suspension being compressed up and shifting. Sometimes it's the rear and sometimes its the front depending road conditions. Does anyone else have the same experience in their CX5?
Yes!!!! I've noticed it too. Whenever I hear it (front or back) it's on the passenger side.

So far no sound on mine. I had that issue with my 2014 mazda3 front will make sound when turning up a driveway or when slowly going over speed bumps.

So far no sound on mine. I had that issue with my 2014 mazda3 front will make sound when turning up a driveway or when slowly going over speed bumps.

My 2016 CX5 front driver's side suspension would creak and groan when turning the steering wheel and going slowly over a bump/end of driveway incline, etc.

I eventually found a TSB for it, but the dealer couldn't replicate the noises so never was ever done about it.

I did the tsb for the masda3 and noise went away for a while but it came back. Luckily dealer was able to hear the nose on the test drive so they fixed it for me.

Are you able to post the sound byte here?

Curious to hear this sound

That's a tough one. If I had a dashcam i'd do it. It doesn't happen often, but when it does happen a little piece of me dies. ;)

I think on my Mazda 5 they had to either replace or lube a bushing. Thrice.

Last edited:
I recorded a video but the file is too big to attach...even through I trimmed it down to .02 seconds

Control arm bushing sounds about right.

I'm hoping the solution is better than it was on my 5 because their solution was only temporary. I had to take it back to them multiple times and after the extended warranty expired it was up to me to grease it myself at least once a year. It was kind of a pain. If you search the MZ5 forums you'll see us refer to it as the "crunch".

I'm hoping the solution is better than it was on my 5 because their solution was only temporary. I had to take it back to them multiple times and after the extended warranty expired it was up to me to grease it myself at least once a year. It was kind of a pain. If you search the MZ5 forums you'll see us refer to it as the "crunch".

found it:

https://mazda.oemdtc.com/1076/creaking-noise-from-front-lower-arm-bushing-2013-2016-mazda-cx-5-2014-2016-mazda3-mazda6

Edit- doesn't seem as detailed as the first one I dug up that mentioned the testing, repair suggestions, etc. Mine had nothing to do with wet surfaces.

found it:

https://mazda.oemdtc.com/1076/creaking-noise-from-front-lower-arm-bushing-2013-2016-mazda-cx-5-2014-2016-mazda3-mazda6

Edit- doesn't seem as detailed as the first one I dug up that mentioned the testing, repair suggestions, etc. Mine had nothing to do with wet surfaces.

Somebody with an audio recording of the noise?. My 2016 cx9 turbo GT AWD have a very frustrating noise at the back, noticeable most of the time but more on speed bumps, and there is a lot here in Mexico!

It's like a 20 years old Chevrolet, not like a one year old Mazda new vehicle. Any idea?

I will try to record today when back to home to share.

I have a little 'creak' from the front end when I brake abruptly and it's right when I'm almost at a complete stop.. I don't think it's the brakes I think it's the suspension compressing. Just under 300 miles on it so far so something I'm hoping will just go away as I drive more.

Last edited:
It is the suspension compression but the sound that it makes does not sound healthy at all. I'm not sure it's normal for well built vehicle. Can I take this up with my service advisor?

It is the suspension compression but the sound that it makes does not sound healthy at all. I'm not sure it's normal for well built vehicle. Can I take this up with my service advisor?

The few times I heard mine do it I didn't like the sound either. It was like a painful creaking moan. By all means, bring it up with your service advisor. Try to replicate the sound for them on a short test drive if possible. They might just shrug it off.... but you'll never know without asking.

I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5 that was making suspension noises return vehicle to the dealer they installed coil spring protectors on the 2 front coil springs the sound is now gone

Thanks fully I haven't heard any ODD sounds ...
at least nothing I would consider out of the ordinary...

Considering I used to run coils on my HellaFlush VW Golf
and my trade in was a WRX I would say the CX-5 rides like a cloud.

(drive)

Back