2017~2024 Radio has no Sound !!

sprintrps

Contributor
:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
I'm driving home and all of a sudden the radio has no sound, and the voice assist does not work. Any ideas as to what is the problem Solutions?? Please don't blame it on the eclipse.

2017 X5 GT

I'm driving home and all of a sudden the radio has no sound, and the voice assist does not work. Any ideas as to what is the problem Solutions?? Please don't blame it on the eclipse.

2017 X5 GT

Still no sound even after you turn off the CX-5 and then back again?

This actually may be due to the eclipse!! I checked the fuse this morning ...all good and Radio etc. works fine. I met a friend this a.m. who had the same issue in his Hyundai at the same time yesterday.
At least I know and will be ready for the next total eclipse!

next time it happens try a soft re-boot, hold all 3 button for more than 10 seconds, the infotainment will reboot but you won't lose all your user settings...... this happened to me before, I was impatient and right after starting the car, I hit voice command button before the system fully booted up, infotainment got hung up, no radio sound, no voice command, nothing, did a soft re-boot and all wroked fine again, now I have learned to wait at least 20 seconds before touching any buttons.....

Snap21.jpg

Last edited:
This actually may be due to the eclipse!! I checked the fuse this morning ...all good and Radio etc. works fine. I met a friend this a.m. who had the same issue in his Hyundai at the same time yesterday.

Probably just a random "technical glitch"

Heh, sometimes pulling the fuses fixes it because the act of pulling it out cleans the contacts slightly. You could try it again and apply a little rubbing alcohol.

I've twice now had no sound on my old cx-5 playing FM radio after starting up, only way I've found to restore it is to select another sound source which works, then on going back to FM it again works.

No idea why.

Back