Floor Liners

E11

:
Mazda5
Hey guys,

What's a good floor liner or floor mat for the 2006 Mazda5? Can't seem to find it on weathertec, will the newer models fit?

Last edited:
Just search under the 2008 model year for weathertec, same mats and dimensions, all fit perfect (I didn't buy the 3rd row mats, but assume they'd fit just as well). I have a 2007, which also isn't listed and bought 1st and second row mats. The only tiny difference is in 2008 Mazda added rear air con and so the centre console between the seats protrudes into the second row foot-well about a 1/2 inch more than 2006/2007 models. The mats are cut to fit around that and so leave a tiny gap there... but it's barely noticeable.

Not much relaxing of the liners that I've noticed.

Ok, thanks Hank! I had already ordered Weather Techs this morning- didn't see your post until today. I was trying to figure out if I needed to abuse my Prime to return them or not to buy cheaper ones.

Ok, thanks Hank! I had already ordered Weather Techs this morning- didn't see your post until today. I was trying to figure out if I needed to abuse my Prime to return them or not to buy cheaper ones.

Saw your part-out/sell post for your MZ5. Why'd you order WTs for the MZ5 if you're selling? Could've put some cheapo mats in there instead of expensive WT liners.

Saw your part-out/sell post for your MZ5. Why'd you order WTs for the MZ5 if you're selling? Could've put some cheapo mats in there instead of expensive WT liners.

Sorry, ordered Weather Techs for the Kia Soul that we just bought to replace the MZ5. My response was in reference to the alternative brand you bought vs the more expensive WTs. That said, my wife and I really like the fitment of the WTs, and any gaps they had to the interior bodywork from being folded up in the box have relaxed out after a few days. The only drawback is that they can get a bit slippery when wet since they don't have carpet in them, but the coverage is AWESOME and they catch everything that gets into the footwells. I'll be ordering another set for my pickup.

I just receive a set of the Findway floor liners for my 2010 Maz5. I'm happy with them. The fit is pretty good and they look like they'll hold up well. Definitely better than the universal type liners. They have a fuzzy carpeting on the top side, similar to astro-turf. Personally, I'd prefer not to have the carpet where I live (dust, grass burrs, etc), but it's very short pile and looks to be durable. They're easily washable and will dry quick.

I bought the 3D maxspider Kagu mats for our Grand Caravan and those liners are AWESOME (with a Capital A W E S O M E)!!! They don't curl up on the ends like the Weathertechs are prone to (what I have in my Truck) and they stay put in the vehicle due to the velcro-like bottoms. Unfortunately, they're not available for the 1st gen Mazda 5. For those of you with a second gen Mazda 5 (2012+) I HIGHLY recommend considering the 3D maxpider.

Unfortunately, they're not available for the 1st gen Mazda 5. For those of you with a second gen Mazda 5 (2012+) I HIGHLY recommend considering the 3D maxpider.
So they do sell it for the first gen Mazda 5 ;). Floor mats are identical except Mazda updated the front floor mat clips in the 2nd gen (which you can replace, upgrade, or remove).

The Aries/MaxSpider 3D are about the same price as the Findways sans the 3rd row liner:

Aries Front: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
Aries Rear: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

And you'll need four of these: https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/mazda-mat-hook-000089l14a

They Aries/MAxSpider may not need the hooks as the grippy underside material may adhere to the carpet just fine. Our tan Findway liners have held up really well for the past three years in our Mazda5. I also have the black Aries for my 2014 Kia Soul and they're holding well thus far as well (only nine months of ownership).

Back