headlight ajduster for lowered CX5

It's not really necessary. When I lowered my 2014 mazda3 I just aimed the headlights up a bit and the auto level all works fine at the adjusted level. Should be same for the cx-5 I think.

Don't know... check to see if you have a stock leveler. My lights went down pretty far with the H&R springs. I did adjust them up so I guess you can save $50 and crank away on the adjusters. I image the cork springs would make the lights go down even more

Don't know... check to see if you have a stock leveler. My lights went down pretty far with the H&R springs. I did adjust them up so I guess you can save $50 and crank away on the adjusters. I image the cork springs would make the lights go down even more

By the time I put my H&Rs on I had already adjusted my halogen lights up a bit because they are adjusted down too much for my taste at the factory to compensate for loads in the rear. They actually came up a bit more with the H&Rs because the springs drop the rear end .5" more than the front in an effort to level the car without load. If anything, mine are a bit high, but I rarely get a flash from oncoming traffic, so I've left them as is.

I noticed that the stock "aim" on my unit is somewhat on the high side. The dealer said they can adjust that for me when I come back.

The dealer "taught" me how to adjust the aim height of my 2017 headlights because they don't have a long Philips screw driver with a 1/4" body/neck so I bought one. Unfortunately the screw they were pointing easily turns but the headlights ain't moving. Can anybody here point me in the right direction as to how to adjust the aim?

Shot from afar:
6c5288a9486fd99daef2e02cf7a6e6ba.jpg

Close up
01a05c17a1cba58d01f6fc7ca4c3662a.jpg

6d4f86329e0284fcbae66421fdaf21fa.jpg

Last edited:
on the 16's you have to push your engine button twice before adjusting (not just once).

yeah, I believe so... I remember the lights weren't moving when adjusting and I read somewhere about pushing the button twice and then it worked for me. Give it a try, won't hurt.

The dealer "taught" me how to adjust the aim height of my 2017 headlights because they don't have a long Philips screw driver with a 1/4" body/neck so I bought one. Unfortunately the screw they were pointing easily turns but the headlights ain't moving. Can anybody here point me in the right direction as to how to adjust the aim?

Shot from afar:
6c5288a9486fd99daef2e02cf7a6e6ba.jpg

That's the right "screw". As you see it's more like a rotating circle of geared teeth. If your screw driver is turning very easily it likely is too small to make contact with the teeth. You should try a little bit larger screw driver. You're mechanically adjusting the lights so the engine being on has no impact on that, but I'd recommend you have the lights on so you can see if they are moving up or down.

That's the right "screw". As you see it's more like a rotating circle of geared teeth. If your screw driver is turning very easily it likely is too small to make contact with the teeth. You should try a little bit larger screw driver. You're mechanically adjusting the lights so the engine being on has no impact on that, but I'd recommend you have the lights on so you can see if they are moving up or down.
Thanks. Yeah rotating circle of geared teeth "washer thin" spacer.

[emoji13]

My long Philips screw is use only viable option. The U-guide in the hole is only 7mm width and my screwdriver body is 1/4" or 6.25mm. A larger bit will not fit through the U-guide.

Now to try it again from a distance.

[emoji56]

Back