2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature with Curva Concept C50 Gloss Black Wheels

Bobhope123

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Finally got my custom wheels! After spending hours and days pondering over what wheels and size I should get, I decided on these 22” gloss black wheels to give it an aggressive look without breaking the bank.
I was afraid that these wheels would not fit but luckily, the shop where I purchased these from did a fit test for me.

Wheel Specs -
Curva Concept C50 (Low Pressure Cast)
22X10.5 with 40 offset all around. It is almost flushed with the fender.
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3mm or 5x4.5 inches
Weight: 37-38 pounds each

Tires –
Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06
285/35/22

I was debating between these tires or the Nexen Rodian HP (SUV tires) for the 285/35/22 setup. But if I had gotten the 265/40/22 tire with the 22x9 wheel, I would have gone with the OEM tire Falken Ziex stz05. For the wheels, I was debating for the longest time between 22x9 wheels with 265/40/22 tires or 22x10.5 wheels with 285/35/22 tires. Since I do not drive the SUV on long distance trips, I do not mind the trade-off of an aggressive / concave look over a slight decrease in comfort and a slight increase in road noise at highway speeds. However, I can tell you for sure that handling has improved significantly. I was going down a winding off-ramp over 60mph with a posted speed of 40mph without hesitation. I would not be able to do the same with stock wheels and tires. I have made some tight turns with the steering wheel all the way to the left and right with no rubbing issues.

DSC_6707.jpgDSC_6722.jpgDSC_6723.jpgDSC_6702-2.jpgDSC_6700-2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great- that panda look always does.

I gotta say that I'm very jealous of that huge garage. DAMN.

Looks great- that panda look always does.

I gotta say that I'm very jealous of that huge garage. DAMN.

LOL, thanks!. I can park three cars comfortably with room for storage but my relatives think it is a free public storage for their stuff.

Last edited:
Very nice combo! The 22x10.5 with 285/35/22 is the only to go if you ever want to fit an aftermarket wheels on your 2016+ CX9

Finally got my custom wheels! After spending hours and days pondering over what wheels and size I should get, I decided on these 22 gloss black wheels to give it an aggressive look without breaking the bank.
I was afraid that these wheels would not fit but luckily, the shop where I purchased these from did a fit test for me.

Wheel Specs -

Tires
285/35/22

I was debating between these tires or the Nexen Rodian HP (SUV tires) for the 285/35/22 setup. But if I had gotten the 265/40/22 tire with the 22x9 wheel, I would have gone with the OEM tire Falken Ziex stz05. For the wheels, I was debating for the longest time between 22x9 wheels with 265/40/22 tires or 22x10.5 wheels with 285/35/22 tires. Since I do not drive the SUV on long distance trips, I do not mind the trade-off of an aggressive / concave look over a slight decrease in comfort and a slight increase in road noise at highway speeds. However, I can tell you for sure that handling has improved significantly. I was going down a winding off-ramp over 60mph with a posted speed of 40mph without hesitation. I would not be able to do the same with stock wheels and tires. I have made some tight turns with the steering wheel all the way to the left and right with no rubbing issues.

View attachment 217284View attachment 217285View attachment 217286View attachment 217287View attachment 217288

Has there been any compromise on the firmness of the ride or maybe even the NVH levels? Just curious as the OEM 20"s have proven to be a bit firm on the ride so with these 22"s then I assume even more? Looks great though...

Has there been any compromise on the firmness of the ride or maybe even the NVH levels? Just curious as the OEM 20"s have proven to be a bit firm on the ride so with these 22"s then I assume even more? Looks great though...

Yes, due to the tire wall being smaller there is a compromise on the firmness of the ride and the noise levels when traveling at highway speeds. I would definitely consider switching back to the OEM 20"s if I was going on a road trip.

IMO, the custom black wheels makes my CX-9 a lot more aggressive with style =) Even my wife who isn't into customizing anything agrees after she saw it for the first time.

Finally got my custom wheels! After spending hours and days pondering over what wheels and size I should get, I decided on these 22” gloss black wheels to give it an aggressive look without breaking the bank.

Wheel Specs -

Tires –
285/35/22

View attachment 217284View attachment 217285View attachment 217286View attachment 217287View attachment 217288

I joined just to tell you I think this looks fantastic and is a huge improvement over stock. In fact, this has put the CX-9 on my shopping list as before I just didn't dig the look, but this makes it much more aggressive looking. Great job.

Bobhope - You still here? Curious how they have worked out for you long term?

Back