Help me!!

Slidejedi42

:
02' Mazda Protege5
I made the grave mistake of letting the "detailer" at my dealership wash my car. He 100% does not know what he is doing and SPRAYED GREASER ALL OVER MY CAR AND TRIM. He also sprayed my engine bay WITHOUT permission, and fried one of my HID relays or ballast.(fckin pissed) & as soon as I got it back from him my car was misfiring since he used a pressure washer to spray the bay!! IM SO FCKIN MAD Does anyone have tips or tricks OR the best product suggestions for restoring my trim/ paint around the window frame?? I have poured countless hours into my car to make her look as beautiful as possible (she aint perfect but damn) & this KID ruins it in 20 min. LIFE LESSON LEARNED YET AGAIN, DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF (bang)
3K5PAYcAN7iNHoVc9

Atb4dAbxWHn7qTrm9

R7zbZX6BRCiEr7Gv7

Attachments

• 20170819_125732.jpg
    20170819_125732.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • 20170819_125644.jpg
    20170819_125644.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • 20170819_125727.jpg
    20170819_125727.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
You can use back to black/trim restorer to make the black plastic trim look better, but it will always fade eventually and need to be reapplied. Most permanent solution (lasts a year or so) is to repaint with semi-gloss and use a UV clearcoat.
Trim around the doors is vinyl on the 03s and can be removed, earlier cars got screwed and have painted door frames.

I have buffed the door frame decals on the P5 and other vehicles with sucess.

Trim can easily be masked and painted with SEM black trim paint

I made the mistake of spraying my bay, and it's started misfiring. My spark plugs were fried when I checked them (no idea what they were like before) so I replaced them after letting the car dry out for a day and then it ran just fine.

I knew what he did when it started to misfire, I took the air hose and blew everything out -.-

I haven't truely been able to get rid of the mark on the door frames but as for the plastic, Miguires(?) back to black worked well.. Also "resealed" my paint with this weird turtle waz product i found a sample pack of at Ross ???

a good scrubbing and then a "hazing" with a heat gun will make the black plastic look like brand new again. Dont hold the heat gun for long over the same spot or it will burn the plastic and bubble, but if you wave it over and area in a circular pattern (About 2 inch circle) you'll see it turn black. Just keep moving the heat gun in this pattern until you've done all the plastic stuff. Or at least as close as it's going to look after 15 years of heavy sun damage (which judging by your paint, your car has had plenty of sun).

Back