2017~2024 Dashboard rattle

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Premium
My 2017 CX-5 GT has an intermittent dashboard rattle. It's not terribly loud, but it sure is annoying. I have not found a pattern or situation that causes it. It's not even related to the smoothness of the road. I've tried removing everything in the glove box and front storage bin but it didn't help. Is anyone else experiencing this rattle? If so, did you find the cause?

My 2017 CX-5 GT has an intermittent dashboard rattle. It's not terribly loud, but it sure is annoying. I have not found a pattern or situation that causes it. It's not even related to the smoothness of the road. I've tried removing everything in the glove box and front storage bin but it didn't help. Is anyone else experiencing this rattle? If so, did you find the cause?
I've had a dashboard rattle recently..I couldn't find it either, I thought it was the glove box door, but no....then it went away after a couple of days....I only heard it in shakey/rough roads though.

Some folks have found their sunglasses rattle in the overhead console. Just a suggestion that might be your problem...

My 2016 had intermittent dash rattles.

Some folks have found their sunglasses rattle in the overhead console. Just a suggestion that might be your problem...

I agree with you. I saw in another forum that somebody forgot about the sunglasses.
[emoji23][emoji23]

Was about to post the same thing about the sunglasses. I never had any rattles in my 2014 or 2017 from the front, except for the sunglasses.

You sure it's the dashboard?

On occasion I've had a rattle occurring in my Mazda 6 and for ages I thought it was the dashboard but turned out it was the rear view mirror, in particular the cables plug in area (auto dimming/sensor for rain detection). As soon as I hold the cables, there is no rattle

Maybe have a look at that (scratch)

Experiencing this right now, and no it is not the sunglasses.
This is incredibly annoying when driving through rough roads.

With all the plastic used in cars today, it's pretty easy to get those annoying rattles. A simple loose wire can cause a lot of noise.
I had a rattle and was positive it was coming from the center radio area. Turns out it was the passenger sun visor vibrating against the roof. Sound travels in weird ways.

I thought it was from the glove box so I emptied and tried running with the glove box open and close. Rattles on both open and closed glove box

I thought it was from the glove box so I emptied and tried running with the glove box open and close. Rattles on both open and closed glove box

Anything in the compartment under the hvac controls (where you can place your phone) (uhm)

My rattle was from the new Bluetooth module. It was attached with double sided tape and it fell off. Pathetic dealer fix.

I think I have found the culprit. The sunglass on the overhead console. I took it out and so far have not heard of the rattle again. I will try to drive it tomorrow to my daughters school where the rattle is reproducible every time I drive her to school .

I think I have found the culprit. The sunglass on the overhead console. I took it out and so far have not heard of the rattle again. I will try to drive it tomorrow to my daughters school where the rattle is reproducible every time I drive her to school .

Yes! (breakn)

Had a dashboard rattle. Turned out to be my garage door controller clipped onto the visor.
My occasional dashboard rattle turned out to be the loose driver-side sun visor which eventually fell off on the other day. The single sheet metal screw holding the visor can longer be tightened up as the thread in roof metal is stripped!

I had a 2017 cx-5 for the day during last service.
It had an annoying rattle that sounded to me from the passenger side of the car, but the wife was adamant it was on my side.

It wasn't the glove box, but didn't think to check the sun glass holder, because I have been lucky enough to have two cx-5 rattle free.

Very Very positive it was the sunglass at the overhead bin. After emptying the bin,,,,,, PROBLEM SOLVED. It's a quite ride once again.

Back