2017~2024 2017 CX-5 Navigation SD card

SEOR MAZDA

:
CX 5
Hi to all
My daughter got an 2017 CX-5 Sport, back in June without the navigation package. She saw in Amazon that those SD cards are for sale and that there is a slot for it in the center console, inside the arm rest.
My question is: Did anybody who bought a car without the navigation package was able to buy the SD card and have the system work?
Thanks for your help.[emoji3]

Actually not sure it works on Sport. I know it will with Touring and GT.

Thanks 7eregrine. Probably I will get the card from Amazon and give it a try. Worst case scenario, I will return it.

I have a 2017 Touring base. Someone on Amazon said it worked in their 2017 CX 5 Touring, so I am hoping for the best.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

71oEToPrQGL._SL1500_.jpg

Definitely works in Touring, brother. No doubt. I'm only unsure of Sport. I don't know if Sport has the antenna built in. Touring does for sure.

I ordered the navigation card from eBay for my daughter's CX5 2017 sport.
The seller stated on the webpage that it works.
I really hope so.

Again, the cards legit. It's just a matter of: does the Sport come with a GPS antenna? Please let us know.

UPDATE!!

Hi to all,
Yesterday driving the car, I saw that the navigation screen showed the compass and also altitude. Showing altitude, that was sign that the car has GPS incorporated. The compass was ok, but altitude?
So today, when I got home, the package with the SD card was in the mailbox, a day earlier than promised.
When my daughter got home, I installed with the engine off. I turned engine on, went to the navigation menu and there it was on the screen the map of the neighborhood. I put a address a couple of blocks away and the voice direct me with no problem. It was plug and play, so the card works fine in a 2017 sport.
I paid for it $95 on eBay after I saw the post from 7eregrine, and it was in english.
I will keep you posted if any issue arise.

Great news!
It may not be Google maps but at under $100 it is well worth having.
Now we need someone with an older Sport to try it and we'll know it works across the range. Looking at you Colorado Driver. :)

Last edited:
Back