aux input problem

Vavet

:
Mazda5 Sport
Hi All,

First time poster here - I bought my 2012 Mazda5 about 18 months ago. It's my daily and I've used it for two 1000+ miles round trips.

My problem is with the aux input. I bought a MPOW bluetooth adapter. The idea is that you have a double-ended headphone jack. One end goes into the bluetooth device, the other plugs into your aux input. The problem is that the middle diameter of the double-ended adapter has a diameter that is too large and won't allow the smaller portion to insert fully into the aux input port. A regular cable has no problem going into the aux input.

I'm trying to figure out if something is wrong with my aux input port so I started taking apart the lower portion of my center console where it is located to see if I could remove it and examine more closely. I've got the top portion of it pulled out, but the lower portion is still attached. How does this portion detach? Alternatively, how can I release the retaining clips for the aux input port from the outside of the console to allow me to remove it?

IMG_0212.JPGIMG_0213.JPG

Latest posts

Back